My first time has gone so wrong.

First-time user gone so wrong rings went to auction have no idea I wouldn't reach the price I was hoping for not sure how to put out from the sale of a $300 ring for $57 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Apart from the fact that georgina seems to have removed most of her jewellery listings, my opinion is that they weren't worth getting a jeweller's valuation on.

I recently had 3 rings valued at a cost of $160 ($60 then $50, $50).  As the total valuation was over $6k it was justified.  But for anything less than $300 is hardly worth the expense.

I do agree with other posters advice - as much ACCURATE detail, and good photos.

Message 71 of 80
Latest reply

i'm sure in a lot of cases a well versed counter staff member working in a reputable jewelry shop would be able to take a look at rings ect and give an indication of wether a formal evaluation was worth the money.

would hate to see the OP put a ring up at a low price not realising it was worth a lot.

i know nothing about jewelry, but a person could be left some after the death of a relative, best to get someones opinion before listing it on ebay.

Message 72 of 80
Latest reply

I totally agree.  I had some other rings (my mum's as well) and was advised it wasn't worth getting a written valuation as they weren't worth much.  

So yes, counter staff should be able to give an indication of value, though in most cases it's an insurance value, not a resale value.  In which case, you can roughly halve the $ figure given.

And I, for one, would not list 'fine' jewellery on eBay or anywhere unless I had an expert opinion.

I was only making the point that for lesser jewellery it is not worth the expense of a written valuation.  

But the georgina's of this world should take their pieces and get a 'free' 'over the counter' valuation.

Message 73 of 80
Latest reply

Thanks I see now about the  description and what it means and the  importance of full disclosure. 😀

Message 74 of 80
Latest reply

After reading all the feedback

I have removed the rings until I have to right  information. 

Message 75 of 80
Latest reply

Good for you!!.  You will most likely get a lot more for your jewellery once you list them right.  And I sincerely hope you do (get more that is), 'cos I'm sure you are going to upgrade your listings.

Apologies for misspelling your user name.

Message 76 of 80
Latest reply

Please revise the listings to describe what you have,  in the title.

'Large Huon Pine Carved Frog'    Then give the height, width and length

in the description. 

Signed?   You are allowed 12 photos.  Please use them and show the back, side

and signature

The way it's listed now, I doubt anyone will see it.

There are collectors for Huon Pine.

Not knowing it's actual size, can it be posted for $27?

Have you checked that at the PO?

Message 77 of 80
Latest reply

@georginjone-4 wrote:

Plz tell me the best way to make this work . I need to learn 

you need to change your listing Titles.  You get 80 characters, so you can do better than "Woodwork" for the frog listing.

Use words you think buyers might use in a search.

Try "Unique Hand carved Large Huon Pine Frog, 60cm wide, 40cm high, 60cm long" . . . . . and this still doesn't use all the 80 allowable characters.

Message 78 of 80
Latest reply

OP has not taken any advice on board by the looks of her current listings apart from increasing her starting prices. " Collectible" as a item title? 

Message 79 of 80
Latest reply