My first time has gone so wrong.

First-time user gone so wrong rings went to auction have no idea I wouldn't reach the price I was hoping for not sure how to put out from the sale of a $300 ring for $57 

Message 1 of 80
Latest reply
79 REPLIES 79

Re: My first time has gone so wrong.

@georginjone-4 wrote:
I posted the ring and was only to happy to learn from my mistakes 😀

How have you learnt?

I also had a look at your listings as I actually felt quite sorry for you.

None of the hallmarks are pictured, your descriptions are almost non existent. You dont identify the stones.

You dont mention size of the rings carat weight clarity etc if you have valuations the details will be on there.

Maybe have a look at some of the more seasoned jewellery sellers and how they list and what they include in the descriptions. Do yourself up a template for your jewellery listings then you dont have to keep retyping you just fill in the appropriate details.

I do feel for you that you have undersold an item and I  also respect the fact that you followed through with the sale. However you are leaving yourself wide open for returns and defects unless you work on your listing skills.

Best wishes to you ........I hope you go on to sell very successfully.Smiley Wink  

Message 62 of 80
Latest reply

What's a pendent? Apparently you have 2 of them for sale, but I've never heard of a pendent. Unlikely a buyer would be search for such either.

Message 63 of 80
Latest reply

Thank you, i will do more information on each thing I sell.

Message 64 of 80
Latest reply

Plz tell me the best way to make this work . I need to learn 

Message 65 of 80
Latest reply

Plz be nice yes I had no idea and I paid the price and learned. 

----------------------------------

I know you've sent the ring off. But what most people have pointed out is if things go really wrong like this, you don't have to go through with a sale, you can cancel it & if there are big losses involved then that is probably the sensible thing to do.

But what you may need to take on board so it doesn't keep happening is that you need to start your auction or buy it now at a much higher price, one you'd be happy to get.

Also-and this is critical-if you hope to get that much higher price, you're going to have to put a lot more detail in your ads.

Make sure what you write is accurate though. Don't write eg rubies, if there is a chance they are only garnets.

But no one will pay much for jewellery without a detailed description.

Message 66 of 80
Latest reply

PS I hope I am not breaking any rules doing this, but I thought I would put this link up for georginjone. It's what i was thinking of when i said detail.

This is a jewellery seller I have bought from (but don't know personally or anything) & one of the reasons I bought was their ads are very descriptive.

Admittedly they sell new stuff & when selling a second hand item, I doubt most people could be quite as detailed but it gives a basic idea.

This seller routinely seems to achieve quite good sale prices for their items & I imagine that is because people know exactly what to expect.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151933742967?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Message 67 of 80
Latest reply

photos of jewelery must be clear.

jwelery with the word 'gold' needs more detail, what kind of gold ect. an apraisal from a jeweler will give proper details.

big craved frog need measurements.

Message 68 of 80
Latest reply

'craved'    lol

Yes he looks very big, but measurements are needed.

The words 'Huon Pine' need to be in the title to grab the buyers too

I'd love to  have a bit of Huon Pine that big

Message 69 of 80
Latest reply