NEVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN

I will never sell on ebay again. How dare you take 1/3 of my money. I was sucked in with your free fee for selling to only find out you took 1/3 of the seeling price. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SELL ON EBAY. Not only that using Paypal costs me money, my $600 camera that sold for $400 is now only worth $325, that rubbish!

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: NEVER SELLING ON EBAY AGAIN

Sorry, i'm confused, why would ebay charge you (1/3 rd of $400 for a selling fee) when the actual ebay charge for selling your camera item was 10.9% or $43.60, if they charged you  1/3rd of $400, that is aprox $133.33, so either ebay made a big mistake or you did?

Are you sure that you did not owe ebay previous selling fees from items sold already that had not been paid and these fees were added to the final value fee on this sale?

Here is a link to selling fee PDF of all ebay fees for all to see clearly available on the website for all to see.

https://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/sites/default/files/complete_fee_table_AU.pdf

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

I think OP meant it sold for a third less. Wanted 600 and only got 400.

image host
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@iksacraftwrote:

I will never sell on ebay again. How dare you take 1/3 of my money. I was sucked in with your free fee for selling to only find out you took 1/3 of the seeling price. NEVER AGAIN WILL I SELL ON EBAY. Not only that using Paypal costs me money, my $600 camera that sold for $400 is now only worth $325, that rubbish!

It would be interesting to see what the promotion said. Your average person gets access to some free listings every month on ebay anyway. Every now and again, with special promotions, they may get access to more. But while it is free to make the listing, it isn't free from fees, so you would have been up for ebay plus paypal fees and while they may not come to a third of the price, still make up a fairly hefty chunk.

I can understand you are disappointed as you may have paid $600 for your camera and you say it is new, never used.

But there are some things you never mentioned in your listing.

-when & where you bought the camera (so people know how old it is)

-why you are selling it

As a buyer, I would want to know those details & want to know if it had any warranty left-in Australia.

When you tick that box that says new, never used, the ebay system defines that as maybe a factory second, although if so, I would expect it to be mentioned in the actual listing.

Plus people don't know how much you paid for it originally.

If you showed the original receipt I think people would be more inclined to take it as genuine.

Put it this way, I am surprised you got bids without people asking a lot of questions first.

So all in all, without improving your ad, you were unlikely to get more than the 300s I would have thought. The only way it may have got more is if someone could come round and actually look at it before you sold it to them but ebay doesn't really allow that exchange of addresses etc any more.

You are right, you possibly would have been better advertising on a different place-gumtree or facebook marketplace, no fees at all with them but possibly not as big an audience either.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

@iksacraftwrote:

Probably not a bad idea lol.

The OP most likely took up one of the free to sell promotions and never read the fine print.

(like it has to sell between specific dates to qualify for 0% FVF)

I'm also a bit puzzled by the unusual maths employed.

I suspect the OP may also be a rather difficult buyer.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

I would say it was like the old 100 free listings we used to get. For the unintiated, it was easy to get caught if you didn't read the fine print say it covered insertion fees only.

If the OP did list with a completely fee free promotion, then they need to contact eBay and get a fee refund. There have been plenty of glitches where people have listed using a completely fee free offer and getting charged. A phone call sees it right.

I also wondered if they had listed with completely fee free, it might have rolled over, which then eliminates the offer, but I could only see one completed item for the item sold.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

cant delete posts, only edit 

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

@mj_v2.0wrote:

cant delete posts, only edit 

And this is relevant to what sparklz posted how? Or this thread for that matter.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

Is there any market place which offer you free selling service?
Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

Gumtree is pretty popular but it IS owned by eBay so may not be free for ever.

Alternatively the FB buy/sell groups may work for you.

There are no free venues, that I'm aware of, which offer wide geographical reach though.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

@furnhouse1wrote:
Is there any market place which offer you free selling service?

Would you give your product away for free? I thought so. Why then would you expect an advertising company to give their product away for free? You're in business to make a profit. So are they. Why should you be the only one to profit from business?

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply