Neg after 5 weeks, no communication from buyer - how should I respond?

Just copped a neg weeks after the sale date on a jumper that I thought had been described quite accurately. No communication at all from the buyer, just a surprise neg. Any advice on how I should respond to the feedback? Or should I just not bother, take a deep breath, pour myself a drink and get on with my life?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Offer them one of your carnivorous pygmies upon return of the jumper.:-x

*waves frantically*

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

whatever you do, do not respond to their feedback on your feedback until a day or so at least (if at all).  I looked at your listing and you gave some measurements (being a bloke I'm not sure if any more measurements would have helped).

I have seen in some forum threads where sellers claim to have been able to have neg feedback removed in similar circumstances where the comment reflects a buyer not reading an accurate description.

I would wait a day or so and then politely message the buyer to ask for more information that led to the negative.  Maybe their idea of size 8-10 differs from yours.  Start a dialogue, and they may then be open to a feedback revision request.  I am sure that if you reply to their feedback and then ask for a revision your chances of a revision will be greatly reduced.

Or I could tempt her with some geranium cuttings on return of the jumper.

I'm just wondering why she left it so long? Oh well, it's about time I got surreptitiously negged from the rear. Otherwise I haven't had the true ebay experience.

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

At the rate you are selling the red dot will be off the front page in no time. I would take the advice of contacting buyer tho, some honestly do not think they will get any joy contacting sellers, and think the neg's and stars is all they have. Couldn't hurt to try. I am in no way as expereienced as you, but I send a thank you  note with my items. Recently I have added ' if you are not completely satisfied etc etc' to get buyer to contact me so I can resolve. Good Luck

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Terroxyboy,

You have excellent feedback - if it was me I wouldn't respond - don't lower yourself to her level of pettiness.

Di

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Oh Oh, I forgot to add, YES, most assuredly - have that drink !

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

It was a bit unfair of the buyer.. You had the measurements written quite clearly in the listing, so it should have been up to her to measure herself but she obviously thought "Oh well, I fit into a size 8-10 in Target clothes so this should fit"

It's so hard to find clothes that fit these day as all sizes in different shops vary so widely..

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

In addition to Leader's comments, I would also add an option for them to send it back for a full refund. Even if it's an unfair refund and you end up paying a few extra dollars for the postage, it's a chance for the buyer to go back to square one, remove their neg feedback and you can relist.

Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

In addition to Leader's comments, I would also add an option for them to send it back for a full refund. Even if it's an unfair refund and you end up paying a few extra dollars for the postage, it's a chance for the buyer to go back to square one, remove their neg feedback and you can relist.

yeah . . . . great advice . . . . why didn't I think of that when I first posted?  Can't hurt, and it wasn't that big a purchase so it wouldn't cost you much.