Negative feedback for buyer

I had a buyer bid on 15 of my items.  The buyer has let me know that she is unable to pay due to her getting an $800.00 fine (not my problem).  I have put in a case on all items concerned.  I would like to know how do I leave negative feedback, as it seems that only the buyer can do that to a seller.  If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know, as I get sick & tired of persons bidding on items, and then they just do not pay for their purchases, and most of the time, they do not even response to correspondence sent to them from me.  I am really unhappy about this, as I really needed the money, and the time and effort I put into my listings, just really hurts when this happens.  

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Hi what a pain. Firstly click on this link and add her ID to your blocked bidders list so she cannot purchase from you again
http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Secondly go through and open an unpaid item dispute for each sale. If she does not pay in 4 days time from opening it, go in and close the disputes. She will cop a strike for each one and this will limit her buying if she gets to many. Once closed you will receive all your final valuation fees back.

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

Oh and I know it's hard but don't be tempted to leave negative feedback with a positive dot as this is against ebay policy and you could get in trouble.
Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Do as Harley says. Going by what you sell, she played you. She had no intention of paying nor buying.( Not as if she purchased multiples of 1 item. )  I would love to know who they were, so they could go straight into my ( now growing rapidly special list ) 🙂 

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

Don't need to know who it is - 14 strikes will block her from most sellers if they have their Blocks in place.

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

@2013tiger1948 wrote:

Don't need to know who it is - 14 strikes will block her from most sellers if they have their Blocks in place.

As far as I'm aware, if all the non payer strikes are issued by ebay as a result of a buyer not paying the one seller in a 7 day ? timeframe, they only count as one strike.

Happy for anyone to correct me.

Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

Hard knocks that !!!! Sorry to hear it !

What none of the other posters said is that for some years now, it has not been possible to leave Neg or Neutral feedback for buyers. Only seller can receive this style of 'punishment' !!!

As for leaving Postive negatives, its true that ebay says we can't do it, but sellers do it a lot because like you they get furious at bad buyer behaviour. I think to some extent ebay is turning a blind eye to it, because a lot is NOT removed. Its up to you if you choose to take the risk and do it, IMHO.

Hope you have a positive outcome !

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

betty, it is very irresponsible of you to urge someone to do something which is against ebay policy - you yourself might find yourself at the end of an ebay reprimand.

OP:   it is senseless leaving false positives for your buyers if they do not pay

(a)  it is against ebay policy - and you could be punished by ebay instead of the buyer

(b)  all it achieves is a nice green dot for the buyer

(c)  no-one else can see the seller's ID so your comments just look silly - how can they beware the buyer if they don't know who it is?

Just follow the good advice given about opening a dispute, and issuing a strike if buyers do not pay - trust me, it works in the end.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Yes, of course you are right but I didn't actually 'URGE' anyone to leave false positives. I just called it how it is, ie, it happens quite a lot.

As a matter of interest, here is an instance of how such a practice actually alerted me and many other sellers to a rogue buyer. I had sold an item and received neither payment nor communication from them. When I checked their feedback, I found a HUGE number of false negs for exactly that reason. I communicated with other affected sellers about this buyer and many told me that they had reported or were prepared to report the buyer to ebay. I did the same and that buyer was very soon after de-registered.

Of course, that didn't mean WE personally benefitted, but it certainly meant that this buyer could not do the same thing to future buyers.

Ebay has said quite openly that they do not 'police' buyer (or for that matter) seller behaviour. They depend much of the time on reports from other members before investigating bad trading behaviour.

Nothing was said by ebay about the false Positives. Nor were they removed.

That does not mean that I am advocating the practice. I am not. But putting it out there what can happen when it is used.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

And if all those sellers who had left false positives had opened and closed a case and issued a strike and you had blocks in place, they wouldn't have been able to buy from you.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply