Negative feedback for buyer

I had a buyer bid on 15 of my items.  The buyer has let me know that she is unable to pay due to her getting an $800.00 fine (not my problem).  I have put in a case on all items concerned.  I would like to know how do I leave negative feedback, as it seems that only the buyer can do that to a seller.  If anyone knows how to do it, please let me know, as I get sick & tired of persons bidding on items, and then they just do not pay for their purchases, and most of the time, they do not even response to correspondence sent to them from me.  I am really unhappy about this, as I really needed the money, and the time and effort I put into my listings, just really hurts when this happens.  

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Many had done just that (including me, after the fact) but clearly others blocking such buyers and opening Unpaid Item cases against them, had not prompted ebay to take decisive action against them.

Message 11 of 20
Latest reply

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

Many had done just that (including me, after the fact) but clearly others blocking such buyers and opening Unpaid Item cases against them, had not prompted ebay to take decisive action against them.

Now it's getting a bit exasperating because missing the point -   ebay don't have to "take decisive action against them"  - it is something the sellers can do - if they have their blocks set at, say, 2 strikes, and  all affected sellers had left a strike for non-payment, the buyer just cannot buy.

Something at last the sellers have control over!

Message 12 of 20
Latest reply

@bettyboopsadaisy wrote:

Guess that's where the oopsadaisy part of your id comes from lol-no offence meant,just couldn't

resist.

Message 13 of 20
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

Something at last the sellers have control over!

If only...

If only eBay didn't so easily remove the strikes on request. An experiment was conducted by members of this forum not so long ago and eBay don't even care how lame the reason is that a buyer didn't pay. 

If only buyers couldn't circumvent seller blocks by breaching eBay policy (on the advice, and with full support, of eBay). 

If only control over settings really did = control over the buyers a seller chooses to deal with.

Message 14 of 20
Latest reply

One of my non payers had her strike removed within 15 minutes of me closing the case. I know that to be fact due to the message under the listing being different to the other messages that appear after a case is closed. EBay confirmed that the message meant that the strike had been removes as a one time gesture of goodwill. I called bull on that because she had feedback from way way back where she had false positives for non payment. No doubt she had those strikes removed too because she was able to buy from me.

Message 15 of 20
Latest reply

but we must persist - it is the only legitimate avenue - not leaving false positives.

Message 16 of 20
Latest reply

@curraone wrote:

but we must persist - it is the only legitimate avenue - not leaving false positives.

I do agree with this, at least in spirit. 😄 I have always been an advocate of the UPI system, if for no reason other than because it's the only system we have, and does have at least some positive effects for all sellers (with blocks in place) when it functions as it should.

At the same time, I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by the failings of the system. The areas where it fails aren't just minor, they are in fact integral to its primary function or purpose, and completely undermine the control sellers are suppose to have. That makes it a token gesture from eBay, in my eyes, not a genuine committment to minimising the effects (anything from cost to inconvenience) of serial pests. 

I'm not an advocate for negs for buyers, though, in part because I know from other sites that the vast majority of site members do not make themselves aware of the systems that are in place, and/or take preventative measures by using that system until it's already too late - isolated comments on an individual profile, while I do recognise that there are circumstances in which they have aided a seller and prevented a transaction, can only influence people who have the opportunity to see them, which is not many in the grand scheme of things. 

I like the strike system in theory, I just wish it was expanded and implemented properly.

Message 17 of 20
Latest reply

As for leaving Postive negatives, its true that ebay says we can't do it, but sellers do it a lot because like you they get furious at bad buyer behaviour. I think to some extent ebay is turning a blind eye to it, because a lot is NOT removed.

It is not removed because the buyer does not bother to report it, if they do the comment is removed, the green dot stays and the seller gets a policy breach recorded against their account.

Unless a seller is prepared to spend their time checking the feedback of every bidder on their auctions a neg, even if it were allowed, would not stop the buyer from placing bids neither could it protect against snipe bids or buyers using BIN.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 18 of 20
Latest reply

Thank you for the information in regards to sellers not being allowed by eBay to add negative feedback on a green dot feedback.  Normally I will do this before I close a case, and then I block them from buying from me again.  Kerri

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
Oh and I know it's hard but don't be tempted to leave negative feedback with a positive dot as this is against ebay policy and you could get in trouble.

Message 19 of 20
Latest reply

Hi Harley, I have already put in a case in regards to the 15 unpaid items.  I have also emailed eBay to let them know about this.  They are now aware of this buyer and understood my frustrations in regards to this matter.  Thank you for your response.  I will definately be blocking this buyer.  Kerri  

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

Hi what a pain. Firstly click on this link and add her ID to your blocked bidders list so she cannot purchase from you again
http://offer.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?BidderBlockLogin

Secondly go through and open an unpaid item dispute for each sale. If she does not pay in 4 days time from opening it, go in and close the disputes. She will cop a strike for each one and this will limit her buying if she gets to many. Once closed you will receive all your final valuation fees back.

Message 20 of 20
Latest reply