New Items rollIing over problem

Just got over phone to ebay. I am on the free listings till 6th, but found 1 has been taken off my 40 leaving 39. I checked the number and it is a listing that ends in 18 hours. Now that has not rolled over yet as I usually end and relist anyway, but ebay told me it relisted today, and explained as I listed on the 2/7 the 30 days is up, even tho it still shows as 17h 55 mins left. I did explain if it rolled over it should be 30 days not listed for 20 hours which was impossible!!! I listed an item while talking to ebay and that showed up as 30 days 23 hours. She them remembered a new memo went out that said all listings were now just 30 days. Meaning the time left on ebay is null and void. I said I thought that would be misleading to sellers and she said it was making things simpler!!!! I must have been too intelligent before as it was too much for me to understand now. Why update but mislead sellers now I asked?  Why not update the ebay page? Asked for a supervisor as it was all too much and I needed to go over and over everything to show the ebay girl waht the problem even was.I thoght she was new but she said she had been with ebay 3 years. Now need a strong black coffee to clear my head with all this!!!

Does anyone know for sure what is happening. I found it simple before to see when an item was finishing and end it myself and decide what to list and when.

Message 1 of 16
Latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Re: New Items rollIing over problem

Our feeling is that it's related to the change from 30 days to 31 days for GTC listings.

Not sure, but feel it could be that the listings which had extra days added past the 31 days to bring them in line with their original listing dates are showing as ending on, for example, the 32nd day, are being taken from the listing quotas on the 30th day.

This could be a real problem for those sellers who budget their quotas (either free listings or store listings) very carefully.

Hopefully sellers can call eBay and get any fees charged because of this error credited, but no-one should have to.

Seems like the programming for this change wasn't tested very thoroughly, if at all.
Message 11 of 16
Latest reply

Whatever the glitch is, they are doubling the amount off your quota, so there will be a lot of unhappy people about if they are not aware of whats going on.

I've had 2 roll overs , but they have taken 4 off my quota.

So will have to sell  out before  they are due. I WISH.   as I said before any more will be taken off 2 days before they are due to rollover.

Message 13 of 16
Latest reply

One of the ones I had relist, even though it's still showing as ending today, was listed on 3 July. There shouldn't be too much trouble, even for an eBay program, to count one month from then.

Message 14 of 16
Latest reply

Good luck with getting them to recredit the double ups.

I rang on 1 August & explained what was happening (ie the double up on my frees being taken off before they were even due & have now seen them come off again when they were due).  Got no sense out of the customer rep except to keep telling me it was a known fault!

We then had the discussion about re-crediting my frees or the extra I would end up paying after the frees ran out quicker than they should & got a garbled response to that as well, with the upshot being ring again when they run out - good luck to me with that!!

Message 15 of 16
Latest reply

I've got about a dozen that rolled over in July with 30 days to go instead of adjusting to the same day they were originally listed. Most of them show as being due to end (roll over) about 3 days earlier than they should so it'll be interesting to see what happens.

I've been ending and relisting (sell similar) a few listings under the current promo so that I'll have a few spare listings up my sleeve later in the month. I might end and relist the ones with the wrong dates on them. It's going to get interesting when we get to 30th September, and then 31st October again. I know what's supposed to happen, but will it?
Message 16 of 16
Latest reply