New Seller features

I was reading some Announcements on the US boards (as they never seem to make any announcements here) and eBay US is trialling a couple of new seller features. I would love to see both!

Two new features are rolling out this week in Seller Hub.

Edit Price, Quantity & Custom Labels

You’ve asked for the ability to edit listings directly from the active listings page in Seller Hub for awhile now. Good news. We’re rolling out a staggered release of this feature, one that will allow you to edit price, quantity, and custom labels for all listings right from the active listings page. We plan to introduce this time-saving feature to additional sellers in the coming months.

To try out our new feature, hover over price, quantity, or custom label fields and click the pencil icon to add or edit. Your listing will be updated when you save.

Make Offers to Watchers

Sellers have also reached out to us asking for the ability to make offers to Watchers, AKA potential buyers who are watching their items. We heard you, and we’re making it happen. With this new feature, you’ll have another tool to help close potential sales.

Like our other new feature, we’re testing this one out with a small group of sellers to ensure a great experience for everyone involved. If testing goes well, we plan to make this feature available to all sellers in the coming months.

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Announcements/Seller-Hub-Updates-for-Active-Listings/ba-p/29158673

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: New Seller features

Anonymous
Not applicable

Jeez Ghost. You are reacting like yank...lol

OK now I am curious.

If one is not checking out the competition, planning to buy an item or

planning to repurchase an item then why have it on a watch list ?

For a bet or just coz and that's my secret business.

Message 21 of 39
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

Jeez Ghost. You are reacting like yank...lol

OK now I am curious.

I for one put items that are listed by scammers on my watch list,(so I certainly don't want them to know that).

Other dodgy items end up on my watch list as well as well as items where the seller may be dodgy.

Reported listings are also put on the list so I can keep a check on them.

Any item where the seller messages me will be removed,(the seller should have make an offer on their

listing if they will accept a cheaper price)stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 22 of 39
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

I have items on my watch list for a number of reasons. (I'm not going to post some of those reasons, but it's nothing to do with checking out the competition. I do not sell on eBay. I'm not a retailer. I'm a buyer.)

One of the reasons that I will divulge is that my watched items include items I may buy at some point. As a collector, there is no way in the world that I can buy every piece of Georgian silver that catches my eye. If sellers fling offers at me, I still won't be able to afford all of the items that I'd like. Good lord, we'd be talking millions! And bear in mind that eBay is not even my main hunting ground for antiques.

So... I buy gradually and judiciously, juggling decisions, making choices, using my watch list as a sort of catalogue, I suppose. Some pieces I may never buy as I can't justify their cost, but I'm still keeping them in my "catalogue" while they're still available. Who knows? Some complete stranger may thrust ten million dollars in used bills into my hands one of these days.

I don't want sellers to interfere with my rational buying decisions which I make with due regard for living expenses, bills, other purchases, saving strategy, etc. It's intrusive and unwanted.

Another of the reasons that I will divulge is that my watched items also include items that are problematic, upon which I may feel I need to act. I don't want sellers contacting me about such items.

Other reasons are private and ... I'm not trying to be a smart aleck or offensive, but eBay does allow buyers to watch items without marking a reason for watching it, so I will have to gracefully bow out of explaining any further reasons.

Message 23 of 39
Latest reply

@termalert

Reacting like a yank? Lol, What the heck does that mean?

You clearly don't know me very well, because I'm barely reacting at all. I care very little about this feature, and won't use it. I posted what I did in my first post because I figured it was at least worth mentioning the feature has the potential to do the opposite of what sellers intend.

Disagree with me all you like, variety and spices etc, but don't try to tell me what my reaction is, especially after I already made what I thought was a pretty clear attempt to indicate that overall, I'm not fussed.
Message 24 of 39
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

The proof will be in the pudding as the saying goes.

Generally spam is no problem for me as I simply delete it.

You need to chill just a little dear Ghost.

Message 25 of 39
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is old news anyway at Sun Aug 26 2018

However, this particular feature is available only to sellers who use "My eBay > Selling" -

in other words, it's not available to those using Seller Hub.

No future fun for me then.

Message 26 of 39
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

You need to chill just a little dear Ghost.

Jezzus H... you know the rest.

Pay attention. 

Message 27 of 39
Latest reply

termalert, I must admit I love the bit in one of your listings about the termites having "mastered the art of concealment." Your description has such a nice approachable tone while warning of the dangers of those cunning termites.

Ninja termites!

(Proper inspections and those inground pot things are a good idea for people who live in the danger areas.)

Message 28 of 39
Latest reply

digital*ghost, not that you need it but... une excellente façon de se détendre (le chill !) ...

Ben L'Oncle Soul.

Message 29 of 39
Latest reply

I love me some old school soul and blues (especially if it's harp blues, Little Walter FTW ), but this (and all Wardruna / Einar Selvik projects) is my current stop-the-world-I'm-getting-off jam (AKA sc**w this, I'm out). Smiley Very Happy

Message 30 of 39
Latest reply