New buyer with invalid address not replying to messages. Post or not?

jeni!!
Community Member

I have a buyer with zero feedback and an invalid address--no street name (Ebay and PP)

I have sent two messages asking for a valid address and have had no reply.

i looked up the surname/state/suburb/street number combination on WhitePages and found a match. So I could post to the address I found.

However I usually post as a large letter to keep costs down, sono tracking.

Am I leaving myself open to a claim of item not received or similiar if I post to the address I found on White Pages?

Any other suggestions?

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

The buyer can't update the address for this particular order on ebay as they have gone through checkout and paid.

If they have their address details incorrect on ebay they can change those but it won't show on the order.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

It may be an eBay glitch.  I sold something tonight and it is showing the address as

_UAES_NULL_ default, default default Australia

The buyer then sent a message saying

I've committed to purchase xxxxxx from you, eBay is telling me to contact you for "shipping estimate" This is my first eBay put has so im not sure what to do !

I'm not sure what the solution is, but I've asked him to complete the DELIVERY address section in his account sent up, check address is correct when/if paying by paypal, and to also send me a message with the address.

Message 12 of 12
Latest reply