New price tier from AP for 500g-1kg parcels - for June ONLY.

I was told at the PO today that AP are bringing in a new price tier for parcels that weigh between 500g and 1kg, for a price of $10.  He said it's only for the month of June.  He thought they're probably running it as a trial but that's just his opinion.  I could certainly get some use out of it if they decided to make it a permanent thing!

My postmaster hadn't read all the details yet so don't shoot me if any of this turns out to be wrong. 

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I agree Tastiger1, Bunnings are great for all sorts of boxes. They have tiny little boxes to massive big ones almost certain to find the perfect box from there.
Message 21 of 30
Latest reply

This is the link on C&S to the June offer

http://pages.email.auspost.com.au/parcelpost1kg/

The problem is it is not working for me 😞   I rang this morning and the C&S call centre had not even been told about the offer! They are looking in to it to see why our parcels are not coming up at the discounted rate. I'm guessing the offer is not open to Business 250 customers but there is nothing that says we are excluded from the offer in the flyers. If all else fails I'll use my personal C&S signin and send them that way.

Message 22 of 30
Latest reply

The C&S site has been updated and now we have access to the 1kg flat rate price.

Message 23 of 30
Latest reply

I've just checked it out in C&S and I'm a business 250 subscriber.

What you do is select the "own packaging" option then size the parcel plus its mass.

(the offer is not present in the dropdown list).

"Select a Service" then throws up the following

Item Details:

Packaging type   Weight    Length    Width    Height
Own Packaging       .8kg        30cm     20cm      5cm   (the figures you just input)

With Options:

Express Post $13.50

Parcel Post    $10.00

(plus the usual SOD etc options)

So it works (or at least it will for the next 30 days lol).
I for one don't mind paying $1.75 less for what was previously a 3kg parcel.
They are trying it on a bit though.
The true midpoint pricing should really be around $9.00.

I think this is a reaction to courier pricing.
CP charge about $8.80 for this (satchel & gst included).
They don't deliver at this rate Aus Wide though, only main population centres.

AP are under a bit of pressure from competition ATM.
Singapore Post own CP (Couriers Please)
Japan Post has just bought Toll as well (Foreign Investment Review Board WILL approve according to Hockey).
Message 24 of 30
Latest reply

Yes, it's working now but it wasn't this morning. I spent a half hour on the phone with them while they tried to work out why it wasn't working. I tried again when I got back from the PO and they have now updated the site and obviously fixed whatever was the problem.

Message 25 of 30
Latest reply

should be $6 like what they charge UK sellers to post stuff within Aust.

Message 26 of 30
Latest reply

Aus Post has just phoned me back to say that they reloaded the tables on C&S and it should be all good to go now. 😄

I suppose at least it only took them a couple of hours to get it right.

Message 27 of 30
Latest reply

Hi BBshop,

I'm not really replying to you, just don't know how to post on a thread without replying... sorry.

In the link above it says: Visit your nearest Post Office or print a postage label online via Click and Send to take advantage of this offer.

I'm assuming that AP staff have been told about this and /or their systems updated to include it?

Is there anyone who has been to the PO with a parcel in this category and is able to report back?  Many thanks.

Message 28 of 30
Latest reply

Post Offices have received flyers and posters so they should know about it.

If you're paying over the counter once they weigh the parcel and enter the postcode it should be automatically coming up as $10. But, as the link above says in the fine print "The offer must be requested in-store" just make sure you check the parcel price before they print the label.

Message 29 of 30
Latest reply

Thank you. Cheers.

Message 30 of 30
Latest reply