New rubbish on listings

pnc75
Community Member

What is all of this new rubbish on listings? 

Custom bundle and bundle description.

Domestic product (or not) and applicable regions

Moodified item and description.

Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

New rubbish on listings

I figured it was more ways for sellers to distinguish listings so that they don't get incorrectly grouped with other items that are the same or similar products but have some differences - the domestic product bit I thought was good, as that should hopefully make it clear to buyers whether the item has an AU plug etc (that's what it's for, anyway). 

Message 2 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

pnc75
Community Member

Why would it be on something like a baby towel? Fair enough for electronics, technology etc, but some things they've put it on are ridiculous.

Message 3 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

And a small glass tray?

Message 4 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

And books?

Message 5 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

Well I can't answer on behalf of eBay, but the country of manufacture could affect the content of the item, eg the lead content in glass crystal as different countries have different standards.

That sort of thing may not only affect how listings are grouped, but their appeal to buyers.

With books it might actually help get the product catalogue in order so that the correct edition and cover are shown.

Message 6 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

Agree with all of that, but how would a book be 'modified'. And I thought the photographs used in listings were supposed to be of the actual item.

Message 7 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

A book can be autographed, which is modified. An antique book might have been restored in some way.

Brand new items can use catalogue images. 

Message 8 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

They have always had a 'signed' option. Which is more applicable when applied to books than 'autographed'. Regardless of eBay using it as an example.

Message 9 of 24
Latest reply

New rubbish on listings

Well for all of the listings I've done today it's completely redundant and ebay have taken the liberty of inserting 'No' in each instance, Why not just leave it off if it's not relevant? Just more unnecessary fields for buyers to wade through. 

What's next? 'Is the item green?'  Yes or no.

Message 10 of 24
Latest reply