New seller asking re low bid

rbit6732
Community Member

I advertised an item with a 'buy it now' price of $150 and a starting bid price of $0.99. Both figures suggested by ebay.

If I only get one bid for 99 cents, must I accept it?

Can I up the minimum bid on the last day? Not by much

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There are no reserves on eBay apart from real estate and motor vehicles. When someone make a bid on your item the BIN will disappear, so yes, you should be aware that if the item sells for 99 cents you should honour the sale. I don't think you can raise the minimum bid without relisting the item, and certainly not if there's a bid on it.

Edit. G'day Sandy, on the ball today huh !!!!!!

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You do not have to list at 99 cents starting bid because eBay suggests it

If you get 1 bid and it is 99cents, that is what you need to honour and sell it for

Plus you don't sound like you have taken any of the fees into consideration, likely you will be out of pocket

Only ever have a starting bid at the lowest you will really actually accept if you get a single bid

The radio only has 7 hours left so I doubt you can change it now

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

There are no reserves on eBay apart from real estate and motor vehicles. When someone make a bid on your item the BIN will disappear, so yes, you should be aware that if the item sells for 99 cents you should honour the sale. I don't think you can raise the minimum bid without relisting the item, and certainly not if there's a bid on it.

Edit. G'day Sandy, on the ball today huh !!!!!!

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You will be very disappointed just to get 99c.      I would try to end the listing immediately (use "mistake in the listing")  - this should be allowed as you have no bids.    If you get a bid for 99c it will be too late to change.

In my view you have made a legitimate "mistake".    

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Aaaaaaaand, they relisted it for 99c. Obviously they didn't come back to read the replies in this thread.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Thank you.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply