New seller/long term buyer

1951tr_66
Community Member

I am a long time buyer on Ebay (since 2009) and I wanted to list my first sale item. Due to a technical issue I was forced to create a new Ebay account to list my first item.  Unfortunately this new account does not show my purchase history and rating so it appears to potential buyers that it is a new seller with no previous Ebay connection. This may put potential buyers off.  I now have 2 Ebay accounts 1 for buying and 1 for selling I would have liked to have my history and ratings transferred to my new account.  Any suggestions??

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: New seller/long term buyer

I don't believe there is any way to transfer information.

Why can't you solve the technical issue with the first account? If you tell us what happened we can try assist.

Are you signed up to Managed Payments?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

As stated by jellybird your buying history has no connection with selling as all buyers can only have +tive feedback.  Many people have 2 or more accounts 1 for selling and 1 for buying that is not unusual.  In many ways it is the way to go.

If you have got Managed Payments all organised that is the main thing.  In case you are not aware Ebay will hold all payments for I believe 30 days from sale date or until buyer posts pos feedback.  This would happen even on your other account as you would be classed as a new seller and need to prove yourself.   If I were to list on my selling a/c now after 2 yrs of no use, I would also get the same holds.  Just the way Ebay works. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I tried for a over month to resolve the issue with my account with the tech team but the only resolution in the end was to open a new account to sell from.......

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

thanks....

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

There really isn't much of a "tech team" - but the service reps like to use it as an excuse when they have no idea how to help you. Generally there are far better outcomes from the boards than Ebay's "tech team".

If you let us know what the actual issue was, we can still try to determine if that account is viable.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply