New to Selling on Ebay- HELP

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Hi Everyone,

I have been on ebay for a few years now (buying) with a different user ID, i thought i would try selling some items on ebay with a new ID and have been up and running for about a week now- i can't put all my stock on as yet as i am limited to a certain amount of listings per month. My question is i haven't sold ANYTHING yet and am starting to think that maybe this isn't the right thing for me and i should just give up whilst im not ahead 🙂 

I would really appreciate it if someone with some selling experience could help me out and take a look at my listings and let me know what im doing wrong as i don't really know what im doing or how selling on ebay works just yet. Could it be that because i don't have any feedback people are scared to buy off me...or do i just suck at this?

Thanks a lot

Message 1 of 59
Latest reply
58 REPLIES 58

Re: New to Selling on Ebay- HELP

LOL Motherbear-nope,still think you're sweet :-x

Apologies to Licorice for mistaking you for someone else although I have no idea who else it would be that I'd refer to as a babe re one of your/their super cool posts 🙂

Message 41 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Wow thanks so much to everyone who replied, i wasn't expecting that many responses!

I will definitely take in what a lot of you have told me, and will definitely take your advise- I have a lot to learn about selling on Ebay!!

Thanks to those 2 lovely ladies who also purchased off me- much appreciated 🙂

Message 42 of 59
Latest reply

You're welcome:-D  I forget a lot of things these days, but not the tension of waiting for my first sale:^O

Message 43 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Haha Thanks for your understanding MotherBear.

Just for the record Foxette, as much as i appreciate your "feedback" those mascara's weren't actually bought from that website or from china, and if you actually go into Hairmart in any of the branches in Australia you will find them in the exact same packages and wrappers as mine for $22 on the shelf....Just saying!!

Message 44 of 59
Latest reply

Haha Thanks for your understanding MotherBear.

Just for the record Foxette, as much as i appreciate your "feedback" those mascara's weren't actually bought from that website or from china, and if you actually go into Hairmart in any of the branches in Australia you will find them in the exact same packages and wrappers as mine for $22 on the shelf....Just saying!!

Thankyou for taking onboard my feedback re the help you requested in your OP & hoping you'll also take onboard my feedback re disposing of the diaper covers.:-)

Re the mascara,have you asked hairmart if thats where they source their mascara from ?

Message 45 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Already have re disposed 🙂

No- Although the the next time i am in there, i will be sure to ask them where they source there mascaras from.

Message 46 of 59
Latest reply

accessories-re the scarves,you need to set that listing up so buyers can choose the colour from drop down box.Unfortunately I can't remember how to do it as so long since I sold :8}

Message 47 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

I know! I only have a few more listings left for this month, and if i list all colours and how many i have in stock it takes up more than what i have left on listings and wont let me post it, so unfortunately i have to wait until the new month 😞 Unless im doing that part wrong and there is an easier way to list items with different colours without using up 100 items per month...something i will have to read up on i think!

But thanks for the tip.

Message 48 of 59
Latest reply

accessories_n_things86
Community Member

Thank you for the great advice super_nova (and to all others who replied)

Message 49 of 59
Latest reply

Accessories.....   I also have an account for Hairmart,   because they are a professional store for industry people only.... just wondering if you are allowed buying and selling on ebay?   Ive thought about it, but just assumed  it was against their policy.       I dont care that you do that,  just wondering if you are actually allowed?

Message 50 of 59
Latest reply