New tracking numbers with Australia Post

Does anyone [ who uses satchels ] know a way to enter the new Australia Post satchel tracking numbers...

They are incredibly long, they have a QR code which is helpful once in the hands of AU post but personally to enter them one by one is not exactly time effective.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New tracking numbers with Australia Post

if you have the "MyPost" app on an Apple phone, you can scan the QR code on the new satchels by clicking "Add" in the top right hand corner and  using the same old "scan barcode function." it will put the tracking number in using the QR code. if you then hold down your finger over the tracking number, you can copy it - then paste it ebay :] 

IMG_1435.PNG

View solution in original post

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

You want to try doing the new reg'd prepaid envelopes. They've added RPP44 at the start of all the numbers.
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Rather than entering them manually - you could scan the bar-code through the eBay app. on your mobile.  If you go to the item and enter, mark as sent, it will then give you the option of entering the tracking information and from there, is the option to scan the barcode (for memory).

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

There is now no barcode on the satchels - they have changed to QR codes...

Previously Apple users could not scan but android could.

Now neither apps on either do any scanning of a QR code.

But thanks for trying!

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Try this link cr.

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/how-to-scan-qr-codes-from-yo...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Yep - noticed when I sent a satchel yesterday how much longer the new tracking numbers are. And since I don't have a smart phone (shock!! horror!!!)  I don't have any alternative. And I don't want to use ebay satchels as there seem to be far too many probems printing the addresses, and besides, I don't send enough parcels to warrant buying a label printer.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Just printed 3 labels and nothing has changed for me. Still got the EBA barcode and also QR code.  

**** Disregard - I thought you meant ebay labels not the prepaid. *****

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Thanks all, ....and thanks padi but I have iOS 12 and the camera doesnt scan QR codes, it may have for 11.....

I would have thought it easy for eBay to add this camera/scan feature into the apps...just hoping!

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

good luck brerabbit - that would have me wincing everytime!

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Download the Aus Post app - it scans both QR and barcodes.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply