Newbie seller - item not received case opened - CS says accepted by cust.

Hi there,

I am totally stumped at what to do...sent an item day after it was paid for via a click and send 500g parcel.  The buyer has just contacted me to ask when I sent it and opened an 'item not received case' at the same time.

Problem is, when I enter the tracking number it comes up with both the date I lodged it at my post office and that it has been accepted by the customer.

So what to do next??  Have emailed Click and Send but would appreciate some advice, perhaps from someone who has a similar experience...

With thanks, rr

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Newbie seller - item not received case opened - CS says accepted by cust.

If it is showing as accepted by customer give her the link to the AP web site and the tracking number so she can see it her self.

Post a reply in the dispute of the tracking number and a copy and paste the AP web site page showing it was delivered.

As you used click and send you have paypal protection.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Problem is, when I enter the tracking number it comes up with both the date I lodged it at my post office and that it has been accepted by the customer.

You're actually the customer being referred to in that status - as AP's customer, accepted from customer means that it has been received from you by Australia Post, so presumably you lodged it over the counter and obtained a lodgement receipt.

How long ago was it posted, and does the buyer have the tracking number? There could just be a slight delay in delivery time. Most often, the parcels are not scanned again until the day of delivery, so the status won't update until then.

As you can prove postage (with the lodgement receipt / tracking status / address details in C&S history or label if you saved the pdf), however, the buyer is unlikely to win the dispute, and even if they receive a refund from PayPal, it won't come from your funds. 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Thanks so much for that information!  I thought it was a bit odd 🙂  Will let the buyer know its still on the way.  

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

How long ago was it posted?  How far it has to go?  Did you answer the PP dispute by giving PP the tracking number?

Message the buyer something like this:

"Please, have a look at the AP tracking site http://auspost.com.au/track/ to see your parcel's progress.  Should it not be delivered within reasonable time I will report it to AP; they may be in contact with you and may require you to sign stat dec stating you have not received the parcel.  Please bear in mind the number of natural disaster occurring in the past few weeks, which resulted in mail hold up in many areas, even those not directly affected....etc.)

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: “Those Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocities” .
Message 5 of 5
Latest reply