No Sales...What is happening?

I have sold on Ebay for a few years now & this week has been the worst.  Has everybody gone to Mars? 

Not a single sale in 3 days...  I have never seen anything like it.

Anyone else experiencing the same situation?

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

everyone is waiting for the election to be over just in case the world ends

half are saying if them damn libs win it'll be the worst thing ever

the other half are saying them labor nongs will creat a pandemic

the other half are hoping the greens win and all will be wonderful

oops, too many halves and halves nots

Message 21 of 69
Latest reply

Not sure we can blame the election, my sales have been on a steady downward slope since February.  I have two stores, between them I usually do between $1200 and $1600 a month (averaged over the year)  this month so far I have a grand total of $43 in sales, including just one $15 sale in my larger store, and that was on May 1st.  I had a few sales on the other store between 1st and 4th anf thought things might be looking up, but then it was several days before the next and several more before the last one which is now 3 days ago.  I am closing for six weeks at the end of this month while I am overseas, and really hoping that putting the stores in vacation mode won't mean being relegated to the newbie wilderness when I get back.  Not even gonna think about it while I'm gone though, nothing is going to spoil this holiday.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 22 of 69
Latest reply

I don't know what is causing it either. Some friends have a largeish Chinese restaurant in our area. They are struggling to survive and have been in business for about 12 years. At the moment they are close to closing and walking away from it.
As I write this we are up to 30 hours without a single sale anywhere.
Penny I do hope you enjoy your break.
Message 23 of 69
Latest reply

My sales are, year on year, average.

I don't attribute anything to external factors. I reckon I have what people want at the price they're prepared to pay.

Message 24 of 69
Latest reply

My 1 day auctions are paying off again with this current promotion (sorry to those who didn't get it). I don't mind doing the 1 day auctions because most of my items sell with only one bid any way. 2 items on my main account and 15 on my second account tonight. I've had a busy week this week. Thankfully I've been able to get to the PO each day, work didn't clash for a change. I'm running about average, but busier than normal this month.

Message 25 of 69
Latest reply

I have had a reasonable month of sales with quite good sales since the election was called. The election doesnt seem to have had any effect. Nothing exciting but pretty regular and keeping me busy enough. This is probably a good result as I am still not listing anything new, just running down my existing listings.

I hope things pick up for you soon clarry. It is a real worry when sales stop completly.

Message 26 of 69
Latest reply

It's pretty depressing.  On multiple IDs over the past 10 days:

1. I listed 90 Aussie-themed car posters and only sold 2 or 3.

2, I listed 110 international marque and Chrysler Australia car posters and sold about 10.

3. II listed 100 DVDs and sold 12 - all free postage.

My website, on the other hand, has been producing sales almost daily over those 10 days.  Could be because I don't have to cater for eBay's 10% postage grab.

Message 27 of 69
Latest reply

Appears so.

Message 28 of 69
Latest reply

yes it is the worst couple of weeks I have had all year.

The same thing happened at the same time last year so hopefully things pick up next week otherwise we will  find ourselves in trouble.

Message 29 of 69
Latest reply

Well... the drought broke overnight with 4 sales.

Reached 36-hours without a single sale. Never before happened.

We really have no choice but to continue as our other sales venues are also running badly.

Message 30 of 69
Latest reply