No Sales...What is happening?

I have sold on Ebay for a few years now & this week has been the worst.  Has everybody gone to Mars? 

Not a single sale in 3 days...  I have never seen anything like it.

Anyone else experiencing the same situation?

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

I just want to rub salt in the wound by saying that not long ago it was mentioned that the lowly 5c piece is actually worth less in buying power than the 1c coins when they were pulled from circulation 30 years ago.

It sounds about right too, as I remember Magnums being considered an absolute ripoff a whole dollar when I was at school in the early 90s (by comparison, an Icy Pole or Paddle Pop was 30c) - I noticed recently that they were upwards of $5 at Coles Express!
Message 61 of 69
Latest reply

You can still get magnums for $1 each if you buy when they're on special in the supermarkets. 🙂

To whoever said you only earn 5c on $100, the NAB has a savings account that pays 1.6% interest (better than most term deposits). I think the only criteria is that you add something to the account each month (and probably not withdraw anything that month) but you could put any savings in there and just deposit an extra dollar each month.
Message 62 of 69
Latest reply

@brerrabbit585 wrote:
You can still get magnums for $1 each if you buy when they're on special in the supermarkets. 🙂

To whoever said you only earn 5c on $100, the NAB has a savings account that pays 1.6% interest (better than most term deposits). I think the only criteria is that you add something to the account each month (and probably not withdraw anything that month) but you could put any savings in there and just deposit an extra dollar each month.

So with NAB you'll get $0.62 on $100 well that is much better.

Message 63 of 69
Latest reply

@collect247 wrote:

@brerrabbit585 wrote:

So with NAB you'll get $0.62 on $100 well that is much better.

Sorry $1.61 on $100 I meant to add

Message 64 of 69
Latest reply

$1.60. It's 32 times better than only 5c. It all depends on your perspective.
Message 65 of 69
Latest reply

Perspective = waiting, so these days I put my money into better things eg/ Gold or even the Yen 

Message 66 of 69
Latest reply

Yeah, my sister complains about interest rates being so low but is sooooo proud of still having the gold my mother left her. It's more than doubled in price since it was bought but that was a long time ago. I worked out using the rule of 72 that it'd earned approx 2.4% interest per year.

Message 67 of 69
Latest reply

With peoples holiday pay running out and Christmas credit card bills rolling in you would expect a slowdown across the economy in general.  Throw in the millions of dollars donated to the many bush fire appeals and there's another swag of cash removed from consumer discretionary spending.  Let's not forget those folks who lost their homes and possessions as well.

The odd anomaly of the fires will provide an economic stimulus with the 'Rebuilding - Replacement - Renewal' effect courtesy of the insurance companies, Government and subsequent taxpayers in the medium term.

Come February when many people return to work the upswing should begin...

Message 68 of 69
Latest reply

I prefer to say the value of the currency has gone down, not that gold value has increased. As the same amount of gold can in general buy the same products like bread, milk etc even with tech advances, in any time period.

Message 69 of 69
Latest reply