No name, just initials supplied by buyer

The postage details supplied by a recent buyer do not give a name - just the initials R.J. When I checked her Paypal payment, the name attached to the payment didn't match the initials, but the address was the same. Should I be concerned?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

TBH I just process it with the imported address from checkout, I dont even check or read it unless the system throws up an error, and that is usually because it has city where suburb should be.

If you check with buyer that just increases the risk they will give you something other than paypal addy, which then leaves you vulnerable. If you insist on paypal address after the advise different it puts you offside with buyer..So its a no win situation to proceed other than as per checkout address.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 11 of 13
Latest reply

This. I don't think a name is required in order to post things in Australia, just a valid mailing address or PO box. Otherwise I wouldn't get combustible Labor and Liberal propaganda in my letterbox - Mr. and Ms. Householder do not live at this address!
Message 12 of 13
Latest reply

@heihachi_73 wrote:
This. I don't think a name is required in order to post things in Australia, just a valid mailing address or PO box. Otherwise I wouldn't get combustible Labor and Liberal propaganda in my letterbox - Mr. and Ms. Householder do not live at this address!

That is so true, I forgot about householders. I regularly get them. yeah that.gifSo sick of getting them twice a week from Southern Phone! I told my postie I'm going to save them and throw them back at him like confetti. He threatened to throw ball bearings at me!

Message 13 of 13
Latest reply