No postcode on the Aust Post receipt

Today I posted a parcel and when I went to send the tracking number to the purchaser I noticed that there was no postcode on the Aust Post receipt. Is that new?

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

The receipts I have don't have a postcode. Did they used to have the postcode? 

Article Lodgement

Flat Rate Satchel 3kg

Article ID 8394................

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

some post offices are just lazy and don't put it in. I have still been getting them on my receipts.
Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

If I go to my local back street PO I get postcodes on the tracking numbers, but if I go to the main PO I don't. If I am posting more than 1 item at the main PO I ask them if I can have a quick look at the tracking number sticker so I know which number belongs to which parcel. They are usually happy to oblige, even when they're busy. 

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

OK, now I know that they have a choice to put it on or not, thank you.
I will ask in future. Never had it missing before. I do things manually, as I don`t have much postage. Mostly pick up. Thanks MM
Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

You will also find that if it is a parcel that is under 500g there is no post code as these go anywhere for $7.20
Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

wrong.

If there is no postcode just ask the staff at the PO for a postcode receipt. All my parcels are under 500 gms and I get a receipt with postcodes.
Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

For articles under 500 gm tell them you want the postcode as well as the tracking no. If they say they can't do it tell them to go to no. 5 on their screen & it will allow the postcode to be shown. This applys at all licensed post offices. I had the same trouble until I found this out & now it is always there. For letters etc there is no tracking available but now with this money backa guarantee garbage I register all letters ( $3 ) & charge the buyer to cover myself.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

Thanks for the blatant put down there. I was just trying to help.
Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

Last week I queried why there was no postcode on my receipt for my items I had paid for online.

Postal Manager of small country PO said 'U can only get the postcode on the receipts when U pay at the PO?   Evidently there's nothing on her keyboard/system to put the postcode in when paying elsewhere.  She actually showed me her screen & there's nowhere to put the postcode.

Another thing is why don't we get a receipt when we lodge registered mail?  Registered mail is not tracked, only whows up when it's delivered.  If it's not tracked for what are we paying all that money?

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply