Non store holders 150 free listings | 15-18 January

23 REPLIES 23

I would really like to express my appreciation to the kind and generous people that regularly supply information regarding free listing offers.  Very kind and community minded.  Thank you!

Message 11 of 24
Latest reply

And by the same token, a pox on eBay for rarely, if ever, publicising the fact that these promotions are currently available.

How are we meant to find out about them? Do they think we're bloody clairvoyants or what? They really are tools. Smiley Mad
Message 12 of 24
Latest reply

I  only get them on my seldom used id's , i have noticed with one id though , the offers stopped after i sold over 100 items 😞

Message 13 of 24
Latest reply

I know exactly what you mean. I've only ever received one invitation and that was on a secondary ID which has just one purchase and hasn't been used in years. I've never once received an invitation on this ID and nor do I expect to.
Message 14 of 24
Latest reply

We should be due for another lot of150 this coming Thursday, does anyone has a link yet for 29 January start...
Thanks in advance
Message 15 of 24
Latest reply

@fander2013 wrote:
We should be due for another lot of150 this coming Thursday, does anyone has a link yet for 29 January start...
Thanks in advance

Not sure we're "due" anything. One should never expect anything and certainly should not rely on the random handout of freebies, because that's what they are, random.

If there was an available link, someone would have posted it. No link posted, no link available. Keep an eye on the forums because as soon as they become available, someone will post the link.

Message 16 of 24
Latest reply

I think ebay would gladly like to employ you, as you seem to have an answer to everything, mostly in favour of Saint ebay. Other than that you definitely deserve a place in heaven. Yes I do have expectation for the fees I pay them
Message 17 of 24
Latest reply

Another day, another............................

Message 18 of 24
Latest reply

In virtually every copy of e-commerce bytes that I receive here, there's at least one story about eBay's income falling well below expectations and their exercising yet another lot of promotional listings in order to get people to list (and therefore buyers to buy) and I have to wonder why eBay don't just give everybody say 200 free listings monthly instead of the 40 we get now.

They clearly want sellers to list and they know that when they offer promotions a lot of sellers take them up (the ones who find out about them, at least) so if the name of their game is to make as much money as possible, it therefore follows that it would be in their best interests to encourage people to list by giving them as many free listings as they can use. Very few people pay insertion fees any more, apart from maybe the really big, high-turnover sellers whio can clearly afford to, so it makes sense to me if eBay were to abolish them altogether.

As far as I can see  the only reason preventing them from doing so is that they are looking towards a fundamental shift in the type of goods they sell and ther type of sellers they want to attract, and I can tell you right now it isn't people like us. Trouble is, somebody must have forgotten to tell eBay that Amazon and Alibaba have already been done to death and there's no room for yet another on-line retailer of that type.

Hey, I've got a great idea! Why not run the site the way it was originally desiged, where people could flog their unwanted goods to each other instead of every second item you see being a bit of cheap Chinese tat? Seems to me that there's no longer a platform for those types of transactions and if eBay were to get back to the grass-roots style of trading that made them they great site they once used to be, until tools like Donohue came along and stuffed things up, then maybe eBay could again become the popular site it used to be when Meg Whitman was the CEO. Could it really be as simple as that?

Message 19 of 24
Latest reply

utebns
Community Member

Ive been keeping regular tabs on things, diarys help!

they usually offer the promotional listings the 3rd thurday of every month. 

This does somethimes proove false, but so far the last 8 times ive seen tjem / found them / herd of them. Its been the 3rd thurs of the month (besides the new years ones)

Message 20 of 24
Latest reply