Non store holders 150 free listings | 15-18 January

23 REPLIES 23

I think eBay would rather axe the free listings altogether over giving Australian sellers more listings, I mean, it isn't like American eBay users have to pay A$1.50 for every listing beyond the initial 40 - actually, it's 50 free listings over there. Anything listed beyond the initial 50 costs a nickel - five whole cents - for the most common categories (with the remaining categories being 30 cents per listing, a far cry from our $1.50 insertion fees).

Yet eBay lets me sell up to $7500 worth of items per month - I am not going to sell that much worth of games and DVDs in a lifetime, especially when most of them are under $5 each! Another joke is how eBay expect you to give out free express post so you can have a shiny "sticker" next to your name - which costs over $10 via Australia Post - on a $2 item in some cases! The only thing keeping me going on eBay is the fact that Australia Post haven't forced parcel rates on DVD cases; no-one is ever going to pay $7.45 Parcel Post on top of a $2 second hand DVD.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

I am in shock after checking out the link you provided.  I am so surprised to learn how much more we pay for a basic listing here compared to the US.  People talk about an "Australia Tech Tax" - this really stinks of this concept!   Wow........

Speaking about the Parcel Post, I am charged $7.45 just to send a piece of paper, a poster, because it has to be rolled up in a tube.  The bulk of my items barely weigh 100g each!  At the rate they keep increasing the prices, it won't be long before it's going to cost $8.00 to send a piece of paper and I still have to add in tube supply, handling and cater for eBay's FVF including the postage on the item!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

I feel your pain! I have both parcel and large letter items. The letter items are listed with 'free' postage. I've had a couple of things that barely weighed 25g that because they were 25mm thick, had to go parcel rate. Even the post office staff asked whether they could have gone as a large letter being so light. Ummm, nope! It would be wonderful if AP had say a 250g and under small parcel rate.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

AP used to have the 250g and under parcel rate. I think it was around $3 - $4.  I don't know the reason for cancelling it. Probably greed. So annoying when you have to pay the 500g parcel rate for something that weighs less than 100g.

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply