OVER 700 VIEWS BUT NO SALE - WHY? FEEDBACK WANTED

Hi all, I'm fairly new to selling and I have an item for sale in brand new sealed condition and I am the cheapest brand new one and my listing has been viewed 762 times but no sale. Would appreciate some feedback on this as I just don't get it. I also have other similar ones with over 100 views. 

The item is brand new and straight forward and everyone can tell exactly what it is from the title so why do so many people click on it but not buy? Is there anything off-putting that I'm doing wrong?

Is there anything I can add to get the sale? Thank you in advance for your feedback

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I ddn't go through all your listings but as a buyer the ones I looked at looked fine.

Good descriptions, free post etc

DVD's however - the eBay site is flooded with them, maybe check out selling tools to see if there is help there to give some pointers, with as many views as you say you have, people are obviously finding them, may be they are shopping around.

Good luck with it all

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I saw the item in question before it was removed by the mod.

Your only other competition is twice the price.

I don't know about your other listings, but if you devalue your product, then so does the buyer.

The old saying...... If it looks too good to be true, then it is........might apply here.

Try putting your prices up and see what happens.    imastawka_0-1618470151589.gif

Maybe just on that one for starters?

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I don't know what the item is because it has been removed by the mod, but maybe you can also try an advanced search of that item that includes sold listings to have an idea of what buyers are willing to pay (including in auctions) and then possibly increase the price, as imastawka suggested, or maybe you can relist it as an auction that includes a BIN that is the average price it sells for. If your item is really that cheap, it probably won't reach a price much below your original price in an auction, and you would also have the BIN option.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Good thinking Papermoon to check the sold listings.

I just did - for that item.

It turns out there's no sales at all.

So it looks like no-one wants it at any price, I'm guessing.    imastawka_0-1618471185924.gif

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

gec2002
Community Member

A few ideas that may help, but there isn't a 100% foolproof way of getting sales, so don't expect instant sales.

As previously said movies are very popular with a lot of big sellers. 

I see you only have 38 new movies, the big sellers have 1000's so if you want a movies they will likely have it which generates multiple sales.

Selling used DVDs is even harder and almost 100% based on price.

You sold at least (from FB) 4 movies in a month which I would think is pretty good given you only have 38 in total and a FB only in the 20s. 

The item descriptions I find a bit grating with the huge font size, multiple colours and all capitals, but that is a personal gripe, others may be OK with it.

Given the small number of titles you have listed I thing I would try to find niche titles, and titles not too many others would have eg like Callan 1&2 set that you sold (Loved that series) cf Iron Man 3 that has near on a 100 listings.

Good Luck.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply