Once upon a time

....in purchaser view, a listing would show the number of watchers the item had. I'm noticing not now, or is it something that can be turned on and off?

Just curious folks 🙂

Melina.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Once upon a time

No, ebay has taken it away some weeks ago. Apparently some sort of measure against sellers artificially increasing the number of their own watchers. Don't ask how, I think you can still click on Watch this item anyway.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

there is a way to see how many watchers there are on some eBay items using watchcount.

For example, on auction listings that have a bid you can put that number into watchcount and it will show number of watchers.  Here’s one I just did on one of your auctions:

48792C50-F93F-4DC7-BB6D-BBFE51A09F57.jpeg

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

I meant, of course, don't ask how it was a measure to combat sellers artificially increasing their own watchers.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

I just use Active Listings nowadays to see the number of watchers.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

@k1ooo-slr-saleswrote:

there is a way to see how many watchers there are on some eBay items using watchcount.

For example, on auction listings that have a bid you can put that number into watchcount and it will show number of watchers.  Here’s one I just did on one of your auctions:

48792C50-F93F-4DC7-BB6D-BBFE51A09F57.jpeg

Watchcount seems to have had some work done.

I have been able to see how many watchers on BINs and auctions with no bids.

Has been very handy.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

Thanks good people 🙂

I was just curious. Interesting too that sellers may have been able to manipulate it?

I've never really thought of the value of it, one way or another for a seller. But, I guess if you've got a lot of watchers on an item it might spur buyers along a bit, hence the suggested manipulation perhaps, and it's removal.

Some of you guys really know your way about the place 🙂

Thanks.

Melina.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

Views and watchers affect the Best Matched rankings of your listings. That's why you should never click or watch your competitor's items, and get all your relatives to click and watch yours. Man Happy

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

I tried this and it made no difference. Some people say that if the watches don't translate to sales they drop back down in best match.

I give up trying to figure out some things!
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Once upon a time

Watchcount seems to have had some work done.

I have been able to see how many watchers on BINs and auctions with no bids.

Has been very handy.

I've noticed that too.  There's an item up for auction that the last time another one sold it went for a huge price.  I had hoped this time it might not attract as much interest but even with no bidders yet, already the watcher numbers are big.  The curse of collecting - you're not the only one who recognises a rare item.  Rats.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply