Only envelopes go missing now...

Well,, on one of my ID's I sell CD's and DVD's, not big earners but good bread and butter sales. These seem to be the only things that go astray. Parcels seem to always get there but not items sent with stamps(no tracking), one in 10 vanish. Dishonest buyers or light-fingered posties or both? One recently filed a claim 2 days after payment and Ebay refunded after 16 calendar days. Annoying.
Message 1 of 24
Latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

ytwo000
Community Member

Im getting maybe 2 letters per week that aint mine. Lucky im honest and just repost them.

My lands rates should of been here by now (2 weeks ago) along with my bank statements.

I blame the postie as he also gave my registered mail to some other person who signed for it and stole it. This registered letter was never found and no one (apparently) knows where it went or who signed for it.

Message 21 of 24
Latest reply

@pruetrading wrote:

Slightly off track but..
I've just got my first refund request for large envelope not arriving.  Its a day over the estimated arrival date.

I've said I'm happy to refund if it doesn't arrive, but have asked if they are happy to wait another day or so. Can anyone tell me if I  now have an automatic defect because I didn't refund instantly? 

A happy update - after 2nd emails back and forth, the buyer asked for refund ASAP, and I refunded. Got home tonight, buyer wrote to say book arrived, sorry for them hassling me, and repaid me in full via Paypal (without me asking them). So a great honest buyer and great outcome!

Message 22 of 24
Latest reply

Ebay in all their generosity give you 5 days to refund otherwise you get a defect.  Its not even enough time to instigate emails with the buyer and get them to get teir PO to have a look for item.  Its wonderful when this all starts on a Thursday and you have to refund by Monday or face the consequences.  This is from very recent experience.

Message 23 of 24
Latest reply

@pruetrading wrote:

@pruetrading wrote:

Slightly off track but..
I've just got my first refund request for large envelope not arriving.  Its a day over the estimated arrival date.

I've said I'm happy to refund if it doesn't arrive, but have asked if they are happy to wait another day or so. Can anyone tell me if I  now have an automatic defect because I didn't refund instantly? 

A happy update - after 2nd emails back and forth, the buyer asked for refund ASAP, and I refunded. Got home tonight, buyer wrote to say book arrived, sorry for them hassling me, and repaid me in full via Paypal (without me asking them). So a great honest buyer and great outcome!

Glad you had a good outcome after all ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 24 of 24
Latest reply