Onselling on Facebook when your item has just been listed?

Someone alerted me to the fact that someone was selling our items on facebook and their website for twice the price. I took a look and they were using our photos and stories without asking our permission (keeping the handmade bit  but deleting connydeylen). And then I realized they were listing them as soon as we started an auction. They waited  and as soon as one of their customers showed interest they placed a bid. This person claims to be a Physchic and her customer base is basically people who have recently lost a loved one. I am absolutely seething and have blocked them as bidders. But are there otherways to put this con artist out of action?

Message 1 of 124
Latest reply
123 REPLIES 123

Re: Onselling on Facebook when your item has just been listed?

Did you even read the opening post Colics.....its not about the person onselling them it's about the person claiming that these are her handmade items when they are not. that is the problem.
Message 11 of 124
Latest reply

The onseller bought the description and the picture whebn they purchased the item. If I buy a doll from the shops and then

decide I want to sell it then it is well within my right to use the same decsription that initially caused me to purchase the

item ie the manufacturers description and any photo that was used in tthat description

......simple.....

either the OP wants to sell their products or they don't. 

If they would like to put caveats upon the sale then they should state them in the listing.... for all the good it would

do??

If the onseller was manufacturing identical items but using Connies pictures and stories then I would understand.

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 12 of 124
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
Did you even read the opening post Colics.....its not about the person onselling them it's about the person claiming that these are her handmade items when they are not. that is the problem.

and here was me thinking the OP said this

"keeping the handmade bit but deleting Connydeyalan"

I canna see the bit that they are adding their name just stating they are hand made.

even if they were one srtroke of an art pen upon the "effigy" and indeed they become the onsellers creation

Message 13 of 124
Latest reply

what a load of carp. You are not to use someones photos and description without permission. Even I have to get permission to use my suppliers stock photos and I certainly can't claim them as my own...
Message 14 of 124
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:
what a load of carp. You are not to use someones photos and description without permission. Even I have to get permission to use my suppliers stock photos and I certainly can't claim them as my own...

I certainly can't claim them as my own...

where is that bit written in the OP???? ^^^^

and if they change the product in any way then it becomes the onsellers own product

Message 15 of 124
Latest reply

you need to do some research
Message 16 of 124
Latest reply

The OP owns the copyright on the photos and descriptions, so legally an onseller needs permission to use them, otherwise they need to take their own pics and write their own description.  When someone purchases an item it doesn't necessarily mean that they purchase a license or right to use the photos and descriptions accompanying that item.

Just because a lot of people do this for stock standard manufactured items doesn't make it legal.  However in this case, it particularly stands out as an infringement because the items are unique and/or one of a kind. 

Message 17 of 124
Latest reply

what a load of carp^^^^^

However I repeat again ... for the slow readers.....

What is the difference between selling the pixies to a person who will keep them and terasure them forever and selling

them to a person who bough them to glean profit???

May I suggest.......the only difference is who is actually making the profit........

Message 18 of 124
Latest reply

the first thing I would do is put your name on your photos - ebay has an easy free option to do this.

Adding a watermark to your photos

You can use our watermark creation service to add a camera icon, your eBay user ID, or both as a watermark on your photo. Note: Watermarks are the only text that can be added to your photo.

To add a watermark to your photos:
  1. Go to the Add photos section of the listing form.

2. Click the Add or remove options link, and then select one or both watermark options:

• Enable watermarking with my eBay user ID

• Enable watermarking with the eBay camera icon

3. Click the Save button.

4. Continue filling out the form.

When you upload your photo, we'll apply the watermark you selected. If your user ID is more than 24 characters, the ID watermark is automatically shortened to 24 characters to ensure it will fit the photo.

Message 19 of 124
Latest reply

^^^^^^

what for?

to make it harder for the repeat buyer (AKA the onseller) to onsell their items????

awesome business ethic...... PO repeat buyers so the original seller sells less items....... seems like a lot of work to decrease

sales... however to each their own

Message 20 of 124
Latest reply