Order Ship by date ... change or glitch?

I just noticed something today that may need watching.

This could be either a glitch or a change without notice.

Normally, if I make a sale on Friday it's not due to post until Monday.

(1 business day handling time)

I had a late sale today (Friday) and, as I was heading that way,  thought I'd get it into the post.

When I went to print out the label however, I found that the post by date was given as Saturday.

(Normally it would have asked me to post by Monday).

ebay have always counted only business days in their handling estimates so I find this a bit strange.

I've noticed the devs often get counting functions wrong and I know they've been fiddling with Seller Ctr pages so it may be a glitch.

On the other hand it may not be.

It would probably be a good idea for all concerned to check their post by dates for the next little while.

You wouldn't want to be dinged for late postage just because someone shifted the goalposts while you weren't watching.

An easy way to check post by date is just to click into postage label printing to see what date ebay expect.

No need to print labels if you don't wish to.

Whatever day they give will be the day any labels should be printed, acceptance scans made or letters marked as posted.

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

I noticed while trying to buy an aquarium filter,

the delivery estimates have vanished from the

main shopping page. They turn up again once

you select the item you want to buy.

So figure most people are buying unaware of delivery dates

until after they pay for the item.

Probably to do with their new ebay plus n guaranteed delivery thingy.

Oh and the super plus weekend shop they are promoting.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

The post by date always shows on my Sold list, with no need to click into label printing.

About a week ago I forgot to mark something as posted (I messaged the buyer to tell them at the time) and there was a message saying it was overdue for posting so I just marked it as posted without any drama.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply