Out of 12 sales 4 are repeat sales as the highest bidder has refused to pay how can this be minimise

Am still new to selling on Ebay out of 12 sales 4 are repeat sales due to the highest bidder not paying - how can this be minimised?  When I have looked at the Feedback the majority of these buyers have done this before but it has been recorded in feedback as positive not negative??  I have had the same thing happen when I have been unable to leave negative feedback  to a buyer not paying.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Out of 12 sales 4 are repeat sales as the highest bidder has refused to pay how can this be minimise

Have you blocked those bidders, so that they can't bid again on your items?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You can adjust your Seller Preferences to exclude any buyer who have 1-2 unpaid item strikes in the last 6 or 12 months (not sure).  But,  if you click on your Account tab and select Site Preferences and go through what you would like to limit buyers to you might stop some of those buyers who are only playing with your time.  

Not all positive negatives are in violation of eBay policy.  It can come down to how the comment is worded.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Curvy1966 it is definately worth following the advice of the last two posters and block repeat non-payers. It does help but is not a complete answer. Do you go through the unpaid item process ( resolve a problem ) ? This will give the non payers a strike against their account and will ensure you recieve most of your ebay fees back. If you dont do this ebay will still charge commision to your account even though you did not get paid. Also when you lodge these claims, around half of the nonpayers suddenly find the money and pay up, rather than get a strike.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

sellers can only leave buyers positive feedback, or no feedback.  What you have seen on some buyer feedback is what is known as 'False Positives' and if those buyers report the feedback to eBay each of the sellers that left false positives will receive a policy violation.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Have you blocked those bidders, so that they can't bid again on your items?

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

You can adjust your Seller Preferences to exclude any buyer who have 1-2 unpaid item strikes in the last 6 or 12 months (not sure).  But,  if you click on your Account tab and select Site Preferences and go through what you would like to limit buyers to you might stop some of those buyers who are only playing with your time.  

Not all positive negatives are in violation of eBay policy.  It can come down to how the comment is worded.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Curvy1966 it is definately worth following the advice of the last two posters and block repeat non-payers. It does help but is not a complete answer. Do you go through the unpaid item process ( resolve a problem ) ? This will give the non payers a strike against their account and will ensure you recieve most of your ebay fees back. If you dont do this ebay will still charge commision to your account even though you did not get paid. Also when you lodge these claims, around half of the nonpayers suddenly find the money and pay up, rather than get a strike.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Thank you for your help I have now done this .
Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

thank you for your help I have blocked the buyers who havnt paid & marked the items as unpaid in the Resolutions Centre. I have also receive a fee credit for these items. Thanks again for your help.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply