POSTAGE HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A HIGHER LOSS RATE IN GENERAL POSTAGE ITEMS LATELY

Hello  

I  seem to be losing 20% of my postage items lately! Well not me but austarlia post 

Ive actually going to start sending most items by registered post as im sick of losing items 

therefore im charging the customer for it now 

i always did free postage but i cannot continue on having such a high rate of postale losses 

Any suggestions 

Thanks 

Johnno 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: POSTAGE HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A HIGHER LOSS RATE IN GENERAL POSTAGE ITEMS LATELY

If the items will fit into the 400gm or 3 kg satchels of 1 of the 3 boxes from click and send then use that for postage as it gives you seller protection with paypal.

You need to register with click and send and you can buy the satchels from Aust Post on ebay or the boxes from the PO.

http://auspost.ebay.com.au/pdfs/Click_and_Send_Step_by_Step_Guide_Jun12v2.pdf

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Re: POSTAGE HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED A HIGHER LOSS RATE IN GENERAL POSTAGE ITEMS LATELY

Yes its not good when this happens I offer a lot of Free Postage and I am losing big time as I use Turbo Lister Templates My Fault I know but this is the 3rd time it has happened because I never checked the postage I had previously used on The Template and the Item sold for $5.99 it is going to cost 6.95 to post but thats my loss nothing I can do other than go through all 350 listings and edit as required. 90% of the time I use Australia Post Calculator and it normally is good but lately I have been selling items that will fit in a cardboard envelope which costs $1.20 and they are fine.so I now just have to double check every new listing on the postage.

Paddy

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

You can bulk edit your postage costs quite easily.

I predominantly use click & send which means I have proof of posting for the same cost as an unregistered small parcel and cheaper than a red satchel. For the few of my items that will go as large letters I let the cost and if I can easily replace dictate if I register or not.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

If it makes you feel better I have had 4 parcels go missing since I started selling in mid December last year. The first one was sent ebay postage (with tracking number) but i just put it into a red box, the others were click and send and I have prove of lodgement. I have given all details to Ap on every occasion and they have told me everytime that yes they have lost them, but because i didn't have insurance with them it was tough luck. Pretty sad when you have a tracking number.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

santo66
Community Member

Personally I think half of them are scammers cliaming non delivery to get free items because it's too easy to just say you didn't get it. If they know the system where a seller doesn't have proof of postage on some delivery services, they know if we don't refund or resend, we will loose a Paypal claim so they try it on. I have had a couple when the tracking shows delivery to the distribution suburb which is a different suburb to the buyer's then the email comes in from the buyer: YOU SENT MY PARCEL TO THE WRONG SUBURB!! and they go straight over to Paypal and lodge an INR dispute and escalate it immediately to a claim saying the seller scammed them??

I don't think AP are messing up deliveries as much as more buyers are making false INR cliams?? 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

for items sold on the Australian Site, you only need to send to the address provided by PayPal, show lodgement and tracking - so for ultimate safety, use click and send - then paypal can easily see that you sent the item exactly where they told you to send it, no matter what the buyer claims, you will be covered.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

How does Click & Send show buyers actual address.....what I mean with a tracking number generated from Click & Send AP can't nominate the address linked with the tracking number if you call up and make an enquiry? 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

click and send uploads the address that is registered with eBay/PayPal and click and send provides the tracking number.

so all you have to do is tell paypal and they can follow the crumbs and see, alternatively, you just show them the click and send transaction and it has the proof of where you posted that item to.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 9 of 9
Latest reply