PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

Before going away for a couple of weeks I put my store in HOLIDAY MODE. I'm back home now and getting back on top of things, but have received 2 "Where's my Item" complaints, one an actual PP dispute. BOTH asked why their items hadn't been received within the estimated delivery time given by ebay...WHY FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WOULD EBAY GIVE AN ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE WITHIN MY "AWAY" DATES????? WHY WHY WHYYYYYYYY????? Smiley Mad

(can you tell I'm a tad peed off???)

So when I get hit with **bleep**py DSR's for postage times, what then????

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

Did you tick the box that hides your listings luli - if you didn't, then customers would still have been able to buy your items, whether you are on holiday mode or not - sorry love, this is not a critique aimed at you  - Sandra ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

I don't understand why eBay leaves the ETA as is when a store is in holiday mode, either, especially now that they base the time-frame for their Money Back Guarantee on it.

The only thing you can really do is adjust the settings yourself when you put a store on holidays - ie. either hide the listings so they can't be purchased, or increase the handling time, since that's factored into eBay's ETA calculation. 

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

No, listings were visible along with the message across the top of the page stating that I was away and there would be delays in processing the order.

I know people often miss this, but that's not my concern, it's the utter ridiculousness of this system. While I'm having a whinge, let me also add that the estimated delivery times are an absolute joke even under normal circumstances!!!

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

Cannot agree more about estimate delivery dates, Iโ€™m actually not sure where ebay pull these estimated delivery times from as they arenโ€™t Auspost delivery estimates and inevitably at least a couple a times a week I have to explain how ebay make these times up to customers in remote areas who wonder why they havenโ€™t received there item in the 5 odd days ebay tells them they should received it in? Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

Ebay system's estimated delivery time in a Ebay World

@tournamenttackleaustralia wrote:

Cannot agree more about estimate delivery dates, Iโ€™m actually not sure where ebay pull these estimated delivery times from as they arenโ€™t Auspost delivery estimates and inevitably at least a couple a times a week I have to explain how ebay make these times up to customers in remote areas who wonder why they havenโ€™t received there item in the 5 odd days ebay tells them they should received it in? Smiley Wink

๐Ÿ™‚

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

PRETTY PEEVED EBAY!!!

If you do receive neg's or low dsr's, contact ebay and tell them your holiday settings were on. They can check when it was turned on and off and should remove them, they have for me in the past.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply