Paid Item marked as Awaiting payment

Hi Guys.. Has this happened to anyone & does anyone know why?...So a customer bought an item then said they would pay later (didnt know that was possible?)..Anyway for about 10 days my Ebay sold list said Awaiting Payment & showed an Hourglass symbol. But when I contact customer to ask when shes going to pay. shes cranky because she said she paid by Paypal days ago. So I check Paypal & sure enough its marked paid (saying paid 4th July)... but my Ebay summary list is STILL saying Awaiting Payment.

Has anyone had this happen & know why?...Going to send it today...As it must be paid if its in my Paypal list?

Cheers Guys ( & giiiirrrls)

Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

I get to buy now and pay later through PayPal but when I buy an item PayPal pays the seller immediately.

But I'm not to sure about your situation and why the buyer said they'll pay later and an hour glass was present unless it was paid by echeque?

Or that's the process in your case?

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

Is the payment status in PayPal cleared (i.e. doesn't show as pending or under review)?

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Check that you don't need to accept the payment first in PayPal.

Some payments need the seller to accept in PayPal.

If it's an e-cheque that will show as awaiting but in PayPal it will also show as 'don't send yet, wait for cleared payment'.

image host
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply Kopes...It says Awaiting payment still in Ebay (& no prompts for me to send yet) BUT in Paypal theres NO mention of awaiting clearance ( no -"Dont send yet" etc ).. Cant find any note in Paypal telling me that its awaiting clearance. But Ill ask the customer if she paid by ECheque.Thanks

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks Digi for yr reply... Still a puzzle as it doesnt mention at all in Paypal thats its not cleared yet (Only Ebay I can now see the words "Paypal payment pending") but Crow333Crow here has said that she/ he? (LOL)  gets to pay later on Paypal & Paypal pays the seller straight away. I still have the right to not send the item until Ebay tells me to, wouldnt I..?  Strange that I cant find anything on Paypal that funds arent clear?

Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

I'd ring PayPal
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

MMMh Interesting! Didnt know you can pay later thru Paypal...Will ask if they paid by ECheque but cant find any mention of it in Paypal details.
Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

What pops up when you mouse over the hourglass? Payment was initiated through PayPal or buyer marked as payment sent?

The pay after delivery feature mentioned above should not affect the payment status on ebay, but sometimes the communication between ebay and PayPal can fail. If the payment has definitely gone through I'd just mark it as received and process as normal.
Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

It says "This item is pending payment through Paypal" ...but on Paypal, it just looks like its a normal payment. So the customer has told me she wants a apology & a refund. Because she been checking her letterbox everyday, waiting for iit. But Ive been looking at it in my sold list saying " Awaiting payment " Digi do you think this is what happens with an echeque? Ive asked the customer & havent had an answer yet

Message 10 of 30
Latest reply