Parcel point Address was incorrect, item returned to me. How do I resend it?

d0sker
Community Member

Hello,

I just got back into selling on eBay after a long hiatus and I'm looking for some advice. I sold an item, printed a postal label and shipped it to the parcel point address selected by the buyer. Two weeks later the parcel had not been received. The tracking said the address was invalid & item was being returned to me. 

The buyer is frustrated by how long it took for the parcel to be returned to me, they also gave me the impression they think this is my fault but I didn't want to get into an argument about it. I calmly explained that I just printed the postage label. 

Now that the parcel has been returned to me I am unsure what to do as I have the following problem:

When I go to print a new postage label the address is still incorrect and if I don't post to the address the buyer confirmed at checkout I am not protected.

Is the best option just to refund the buyer and ask them to purchase the item again?

At this point I don't care about the $20 postage (although I would prefer if possible not to be out of pocket). I just want to resolve the issue and retain my 100% positive feedback rating. Any advice is really appreciated. 

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Do you know what was wrong with the address?   Did the buyer confirm the correct address?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Not 100 % sure but if you are sending by Courier I dont think they can deliver to AP facilities.  May be wrong but just a thought.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

I would do nothing further without asking the buyer to write down their address in a message to you.

For all you know, they might have missed a number or something.

Once you establish what was wrong with the address, then you can decide what to do.

If the buyer inputted their info incorrectly, then they are responsible for another round of postage. 

You can, of course, cancel the transaction, but remove the postage from the refund as it has been used.

Just see what happens first with what the buyer writes in their confirmation of address.

I had a transaction once where the address was literally to a construction site, but the buyer insisted it was correct.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

From eBay:

"Click & Collect orders

When a buyer chooses Click & Collect, we’ll automatically update the address to show their selected ParcelPoint or Hubbed store address. We’ll also add a unique 8-digit eCP code.

All you need to do is pack and send as usual — making sure you clearly display the eCP code on the parcel so it can be easily processed at the Click & Collect location. 

We’ve got you covered

As long as you post your item in your stated handling time, send it to the address with the unique eCP code, and upload tracking details (or the item arrives to the collection point), we’ll protect you from any issues like negative or neutral feedback, or defects. 

If a buyer doesn’t collect their item within 7 days from when we’ve let them know it’s ready, they can’t claim their item wasn’t received. We have a team focused solely on supporting our Click & Collect service, so please get in touch if you need a hand."

I suggest you check the label and make sure the identifier is clear.

Contact eBay and let them know the parcelpoint address was marked as incorrect/ undeliverable.

Refund- less postage if you can and suggest to buyer they can rebuy with a different address or take it up with eBay . 

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply