Parcel sent via Sendle on 24th November 2021, customer did not receive as of 5/1/22.

Order number 21-07848-59310 - Uniden Dect Phone System.  Sent 24th November.

This has been the most frustrating experience regarding using Sendle. Parcel did not arrive and I had to organise a refund of $38 to the customer.  Interesting that on the tracking today 6/1/22 it says that on 6th Jan at 1.09am "Parcel onboard courier vehicle for delivery" why????.  Also trying to get compensation from Sendle is a nightmare, they want receipt etc which I do not have, so now I have to do a Stat Dec and get signed by a JP. 

WHAT A NIGHTMARE - WILL NEVER USE "SENDLE" OR EBAY EVER AGAIN.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Parcel sent via Sendle on 24th November 2021, customer did not receive as of 5/1/22.

does your buyer still want the item? If so, they can repay you, via bank a/c or PayPal

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Ebay is not the issue - Sendle is the problem.

Sendle are just a broker who organise the cheapest courier "partners" to do the delivery. Many issues with them and awful customer service - definitely stick to Aus Post. At least you'll get ahold of someone if things go wrong. 

Might be quicker to do a chargeback if you paid Sendle with a credit card.

You sold this item with no postage costs to the buyer and sent with a courier service. After fees, there wouldn't have been much left over to have gone through all this drama.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Ummm... am I missing something here? You get the compensation from Sendle, then refund your buyer. Since you've refunded, obviously you've already been compensated. How is that a nightmare?

If you jumped the gun and refunded prematurely, that was a very silly thing to do.

What did your Customer Happiness Champion advise you to do? Did he/she tell you compensation had been approved? Did he/she tell you to refund the buyer? Did you get your shipping charge refunded?

You can guarantee that within 24 hours of lodging a claim with Sendle, 99% of the time, the parcel will miraculously show up.

The Sendle "missing item" process works like this;

1. You lodge a late parcel enquiry

2. They check the manifests, then the trucks/vans, then interview the driver/s, then check the depots - this process takes at least 5 days

3. They make a decision. If the parcel is not located, it is listed as lost. At this point they refund your shipping charges

4. They ask you to fill out a compensation form, and to provide the sales invoice for the goods

5. They pay compensation to the value covered, or the sale amount (whichever is less)

6. You refund your buyer

The whole process from lodging the late parcel enquiry to compensation payout is around 10-14 days

If you jumped the gun and refunded early, hopefully your buyer has a conscience. As for compensation, if they deliver the item, they won't pay out unless it has been damaged in transit.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

I cannot believe people are still using Sendle.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

According to lezned they are the bee's knees. They do things only couriers can do, even though they are not couriers.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Mate, it is what it is... although, unlike you, I'm over the moon with both the service I receive and the entire contract I have with my chosen shipping provider.

I have no need whatsoever to try spreading a whole load of hogwash about your chosen shipping company, just to justify my decision in my own mind.

If you prefer to pay a higher premium for a lesser service, that's entirely your choice. Kudos to you, though.

Now unlike you with your anti-Sendle agenda, at no time have I ever tried to talk people out of using Australia Post - despite their poor track record.

At no stage have I ever listed any of the multi-millions of examples of Australia Post screwing people over. At no stage have I ever mentioned what I have seen with my own eyes.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Customer Happiness Champion??? That's the funniest thing I've read all year. 

I would be mortified if I was at a dinner party and someone asked, what do you do for a living? Oh, I'm a customer happiness champion. I'm the little happiness fairy. I would expect several drinks and plates of food to be thrown in my face. Who comes up with the names of these roles?

I would be more comfortable saying I was in the adult entertainment industry.

rofl emoji.gif

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

This is the first time I used Sendle and I could not find on Ebay where to use Australia Post which I would have preferred.  I was advised by Ebay to refund the customer, which I did and then find out that Sendle delivered I believe to the incorrect address because the customer did not receive.  I have put in a claim with Sendle for the cost of the item and they said they would refund but as yet not received.  Hopefully in the near future.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Sendle are atrocious at customer service. You may need to file a chargeback through your bank if you paid with CC.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply