PayPal, eBay and you.

Well I have exhausted every avenue for help. One would think ebay and PayPal were still the same identity. PayPal will not honour any seller protection if you buyer opens a case and opens a case through Ebay.

Their CSO and even the supervisors are absolutely unless. Uncapable  of any common sense or independent though and the inability to understand what you tell them they will keep repeating back to you what ever is in front of them. Which is I also believe is exactly how these 2 companies want it.

I don't mind these fees as realistically its a fairly cheap option for selling items. What I find appalling is how blatantly unfair and biased the system is set up to exploit sellers and help frauds and scammers in swindling honest sellers.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal, eBay and you.

So give us some details on whats happened - dont mention names of your buyer - and what has happened. Plenty of folks on here that can give you some help. 

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

PayPal, eBay and you.

@outback_blends wrote:

So give us some details on whats happened - dont mention names of your buyer - and what has happened. Plenty of folks on here that can give you some help. 

I think it relates to this sale to South America maybe.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/International-Woes/m-p/2158311

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

PayPal, eBay and you.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Without knowing exactly what your problem is, in general if your buyer opens a dispute in ebay it has to be completed in ebay.

You cannot change it to paypal and you cannot have an ebay and a paypal dispute open at the same time.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

PayPal, eBay and you.

... and Paypal won't step in if an eBay dispute is found in the buyer's favour.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

PayPal, eBay and you.

max-power-models, did you follow through as I suggested in this post, and lodge a dispute with the FOS?

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

PayPal, eBay and you.

As count....suggested, go to FOS.

I had a $180 confisticated by ebay for an item supposedly not received, though delivered and signed for. Paypal refused to refund. After much back and forth ebay finally agreed to refund. They promised me for 4 months but the refund never came. So I finally went to FOS against paypal and got my money back.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply