PayPal issue

We recently refunded a customer through PayPal for a purchase there was a bit of confusion about - no problems and all amicable.

She was back in touch with us saying she hadn't received the refund. I checked our PayPal account and right at the top was record of the transaction, but with the notation 'Customer (email address) has not acccepted payment yet.'

I've sent an email to PayPal and they responded with an automated list of self help topics. So, I've sent another email, not as polite as the first.

But has anyone come across this before? Our customer swears she has no notification from PayPal at all.

thanks.

Melina.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: PayPal issue

There is an issue which comes and goes with people not getting notifications they have funds (someone else posted last night about a similar event)

Has your lady logged into her paypal and checked there for a message?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Some PayPal payments require the recipient to accept.

Suggest the buyer logs in and accepts the payment.

Otherwise as suggested it could relate to a recent glitch for some.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

In the past year there have been periods for me where PayPal's notification emails have been delayed in getting sent out.  i.e.  I've sold something on eBay, buyer has paid, but the email advising of the payment hasn't been sent by PayPal until a day or two later.  Sometimes it's been like that for a week, other times just for a day, but evidently there are some gremlins that pop up from time to time in PayPal's notifications sytem.

Quite possible something similar has happend with your customer.  As suggested by others, have her log in to her PP account and accept the refund.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@clubesquire wrote:

We recently refunded a customer through PayPal for a purchase there was a bit of confusion about - no problems and all amicable.

She was back in touch with us saying she hadn't received the refund. I checked our PayPal account and right at the top was record of the transaction, but with the notation 'Customer (email address) has not acccepted payment yet.'

If it was for a cancellation that she wanted cancelled then she has to answer the question eBay sent her,

(saying that she requested the cancellation before they'll release the funds to her).

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

If the buyer paid via credit card through their PayyPal account then the refund is credited to the card - not her PayPal account.

Maybe this is the case?

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply