Payment details for receiving funds from sold product are outdated.

petchy4
Community Member

I have received notification that a payment has been made for a item I have sold. The account in question is actually closed. How do I receive the funds? Should I post the item? 

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Were you fully signed up for Managed Payments with both your bank account and personal details verified before listing ?

If not you must do that or you'll never get any money from the sale. If you did then you need to talk to eBay's CS reps to get the account changed over.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/fees-credits-invoices/setting-changing-payment-method/updating-...

You should end your current listings until you've done that.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks Padi for your response.

The bank account in mention was closed about a month ago. I forgot to update the details on eBay before the item was sold. EBay is stating a payment was made to the closed bank account. Is there anyway within eBay to redirect this? I have updated account details.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Use the link I gave you, if you need help scroll to the bottom for the contact details.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Yes you should send the item,  the customer has paid,  it's not their fault you didnt update the bank details.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I disagree @sugar.

The error was inadvertent, why should the seller lose this money?? Would you be so quick to throw away $600 over a mistake?

I think it would be better to cancel the sale which will then refund the buyer. Advise the buyer you are updating your details and will let them know when you are re-verified, so they can re-purchase. Obviously apologise to them for the inconvenience. Hopefully they will come back and buy again.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I disagree, jelly.

The OP, as a seller, should be on top of eBay requirements.

It's hardly eBay's, or the buyer's, fault that the OP a month ago closed the account they had nominated for payments and didn't bother to update their details.

Hardly inadvertent.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Lets agree to disagree. The item still belongs to the seller and they are within their rights to cancel the sale for any reason. They should not be coerced to send a $600 item simply based on the opinion of some forum members.

Heavens knows I certainly wouldn't and whilst some are telling the OP to send it, I'm pretty sure that were they in the same boat, the would be less likely to demand the same of themselves - no matter what they say on the forums.

I'm sure the OP has learned their lesson - after all they have to cancel the sale and lose that money, without knowing if the buyer will come back or how long it might take to sell again. 

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply