Paypal Payment being reviewed

Hi

On Friday morning I sold an item and the buyer paid immediately with paypal so I posted the item later in the day - this morning I received an email from paypal to say the payment was being reviewed and I should not send the item until they have finished their review - why would they wait more than 24 hours to send ma an email and if they cancel the payment will I need to ask the buyer to repay

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Did you post the item by registered or click and send mail?

If yes that is your protection if there is a problem as they said it was ok to send the item.

Wait and see what happens and if paypal start giving you any grief do come back for more advise.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Basically this happens when Paypal have processed the payment as an instant payment, as the buyer has a credit card back up on file, but when Paypal try to withdraw the money from the bank the bank notifies them that there may be insufficient funds available or the credit card is not valid.

It is very frustrating as firstly Paypal notify the seller it is safe to post but then they advise the seller not to post.

Sometimes these sort themselves out within a few days but more often than not the payment doesn't clear. If you are able to provide proof of postage then if you upload that into Paypal you are covered under Seller Protection.

If you not covered by Seller Protection and the payment is cancelled you will have to ask the buyer to pay again (bank deposit would be the best option in this case).

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I have never had one of these payments that has not cleared eventually, if you have posted with qualifying tracking then you have nothing to worry about and if you didn't you were liable to an item not received dispute anyway so pointless worrying about it.

Either it will clear or it won't, if it doesn't you will have to inform the buyer that unless they re make payment you will report them for obtaining goods by deception ]:)

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply