Paypal payments

Is anyone having trouble getting their paypal payments from buyers. My buyers have paid, however on the sold listing it shows waiting for payment, even though further down it says payment was made via paypal.the funds are not in my paypal account but have been debited from the buyers account

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Paypal payments

It sounds like you are on Managed Payments.

In which case the money, less fees, will be deposited by eBay into the account you nominated when you registered.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

I have never had this problem before, why now, what has changed?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

There you go David, answer that and play fair.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

Have you had a break from selling and just started up again, if so ebay consider you to be a new seller, 

paypal will then be required to hold your funds for 21 days.

I can not see that you could be swapped to the new managed payments system, without being aware.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

You don't have any feedback seller ratings, so as others have said Paypal will hold your money for 21 days until you prove yourself. 

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

Thankyou, should I be able to see the payments as pending on my paypal account? Also eBay are saying they have sent reminders to the buyers. It's all very confusing.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

Wouldn't be managed payments, as you don't have GPay listed as a payment option, and still have bank deposit and others available. 

Double-check which email address the PayPal payments were sent to, just in case there was a typo or an old address used in the listings. That would be the only scenario I can think of where payments have definitely been made by buyers via PayPal, but there's absolutely no record of the payment (pending or otherwise), in your PayPal account. 

It's also possible the buyers could have just marked payment as sent, which would make the payment status on your account as "payment pending", have they confirmed they used PayPal, or perhaps they used a different method like bank deposit? 

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Paypal payments

Is there an hourglass instead of a blue $ sign where the payment is meant to show next to the sold item? If so, it probably means the buyer has paid via eCheque. That happens sometimes when the buyer funds their payment from a bank account via PayPal. It doesn't always happen and often buyers aren't aware that it's happened. They can take a week to clear.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply