Paypal still withholding money after item has been delivered

I have recently made a $400 dollar sale on ebay where the pament has been done trhough paypal. The item was delivered yesterday as can be seen through the tracking information but the payment is still been witheld from me. Does anyone know how i can speed this along and why it is taking so long?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

If you are new to selling it will be held for 21 days or till you can prove yourself as a trusted seller and not a scammer.

It has been this way for some time now due to scam listings.

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Ring Paypal and give them the tracking number.

As it is showing as delivered, they should then release you funds.

Unless you tell them they won't know. They don't have access to your eBay account.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

On the paypal site

Payment holds.

New sellers and sellers with a history of problematic transactions may not be able to immediately withdraw payments they receive. Payments will be shown as pending and, if everything goes well, the money will be released after 21 days. Once you’ve established a good selling history with us, you’ll be able to withdraw your money as soon as you receive it.

If one of your payments is being held, check the payment email and transaction details page to see if you should ship the item or not

https://www.paypal.com/au/webapps/mpp/funds-availability

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

PP holds payments not just when the sellers are new, but also with certain buyers. I've had several payments flagged as Pending because PP was checking out the buyers. When I rang PP they said it was ok to send and I would eventually get the money. But if it were a $400 item I'd probably have waited until the Pending status cleared Man Happy

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

As you're a new seller with 1 sale at $400 I'm afraid all the begging to PP to release your money won't help.

You have no option but to wait 21 days for it to be cleared.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

@kookakook wrote:

As you're a new seller with 1 sale at $400 I'm afraid all the begging to PP to release your money won't help.

You have no option but to wait 21 days for it to be cleared.

If you have tracking showing delivered and positive feedback they will normally release the money.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply