Phone Numbers

I know ebay say that you are not allowed to include a phone number on listings, but pleanty of sellers do, and I always get calls and better conversions when I do. Should I keep adding my phone number to my store template and listing templates?

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Phone Numbers

I belive anchor stores are allowed to have contact details showing.

More importantly your pics aren't showing as you have used a hosting site that is no longer free.

image host
Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Phone Numbers

imastawka
Honored Contributor

No.  I'd remove it immediately.    What others do, does not make it right for you.

Ebay can, and will restrict your selling once it is aware of the policy breach.

You will be accused of selling off ebay, and that can also end up as a permanent ban.

I think you should be more concerned with other aspects.  

Why are you paying for a store, when you only have 34 items?  

And as for your templates - try looking at them from a buyers perpective and update your

3rd party hosting of photos.   It's very messy and unprofessional  IMO

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Phone Numbers

@getcarter02 wrote:

I know ebay say that you are not allowed to include a phone number on listings, but pleanty of sellers do, and I always get calls and better conversions when I do. Should I keep adding my phone number to my store template and listing templates?

Up to you, but you could end up in trouble with ebay if it is against their policies. You don't really need to have it-you could just ask people to send a message if they have any queries.

As others have said though, you need to get onto your photo hosting.

I'd also do a quick proof read. I looked at a couple of ads only & what hot me was in the first one (sungalsses, about $25.99), the listing said $19.99.

Now I know you were including 'free postage' but you're offering people pick up & i think it leaves room for confusion as if you have 25.99 with free postage but 19.99 in the text details, people may assume it is 19.99 if they pick up. Just make the price consistent throughout, or that is what i'd do.

The next ad said RRP was $199, & that is how much you were asking, but your ad mentioned they were seconds.

If the RRP is $199 & you're asking exactly that, I don't know that i would mention the RRP as most people would assume seconds would be a little bit cheaper. I'm not saying you have to lower the price or anything, just be more subtle.Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Phone Numbers

Be aware that the auto bots are red hot at the moment with any contact details in messages and they will shut you down first without asking first, or confirming th reality of it.

And they are only going to get more strict on it and root out all the methods used to circumvent the policy. Too much to loose to get into the grey zone.

The reason some are still non compliant is because ebay put back the deadline for compliance to october i think.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Phone Numbers

Hi Kopenhagen5, thanks for the reply, and yes, I was one of many to suffer when Photobucket changed their policies without notice. I even decided to pay their ransom, but the portal was down. I am working through 800 listings adding a new product listing template and self hosted images.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Phone Numbers

Thanks everyone for the advise. I am fixing broken image links and removing contact details. This is where smaller sellers are at a disadvantage. There are plenty of well known stores on ebay so anyone can look up their address details on Google and call before buying or go to the store.

Smaller sellers are not well known and are isolated from the buyer.

I agree that ebay is clamping down on sellers and enforcing rules. Will fully optimised images be the next to go? They are also against ebay rules.

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply