Pick up only items

Just wondering what is the procedure of when selling a pick up only item, if the buyer pays, but doesn’t contact to arrange pick up. Or contact at all throughout the whole transaction. Thank you. 

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pick up only items

Depends if it was the item sold on the 14th, have patience's.

If it's over 90 days, it comes under your states unclaimed items laws.  but keep in mind any paypal or credit card chargeback issues.

Most likely anything before the 90 days anyhow, not much you can do if you have sent reminders.   

In my situation I have sent 2 reminders,  than forget it,  let them contact me.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

Pick up only items

Have you sent a message to the Buyer?

When was the item sold?

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

Depends if it was the item sold on the 14th, have patience's.

If it's over 90 days, it comes under your states unclaimed items laws.  but keep in mind any paypal or credit card chargeback issues.

Most likely anything before the 90 days anyhow, not much you can do if you have sent reminders.   

In my situation I have sent 2 reminders,  than forget it,  let them contact me.

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

It depends when you sold it. I wouldn't necessarily expect a buyer to contact you when the auction is still running, not if an item was listed as pick up only. But after an auction ends then yes, I would expect contact. Firstly, I would contact them, just to try to sort out a pick up time. I wouldn't give address at that stage, just try to narrow a window for them to come and collect it.

If you have done all that and have had no response in eg a week or two, then you may be able to cancel the sale and refund the money to the buyer. I'd be inclined to do that, if I could.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

Hopefully will hear from them

soon. Been a week so far. The payment has gone through minus eBay fees. Was concerned if I have to refund, will be stuck wearing the cost of the fees. 

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

It’s been a week and have sent two emails. The money has come through minus eBay’s fees. Was concerned if I have to refund down the line, I will have to wear the eBay fee. 

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

eBay now refund all fees for a cancellation.

I wouldn't be giving them a week, even with communication.

Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm not sure why everyone is suggesting to cancel.

They have the $'s,  the purchaser may be in hospital, or just not in a mad rush to pickup.

Personally I would be in touch the same day,  but everyone has different priorities.

Hopefully the buyer can give a negative if the seller cancels with unjustified circumstance.

Whats wrong with waiting,  you have the $'s,  

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

I always ring the buyer when they have chosen to pick up. Their contact details are all provided in the drop down menu against the sold item. Never had any problems with this.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

Pick up only items

@sugar249 wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

I'm not sure why everyone is suggesting to cancel.

They have the $'s,  the purchaser may be in hospital, or just not in a mad rush to pickup.

Personally I would be in touch the same day,  but everyone has different priorities.

Hopefully the buyer can give a negative if the seller cancels with unjustified circumstance.

Whats wrong with waiting,  you have the $'s,  

How long should the OP wait?

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply