Postage Prices

Hi all,

I know there are a ton of threads currently on the changes in shipping prices but none really answer my question.

Does anyone know if eBay will be updating the new price structure and secondly has anyone continued to use the older prices and if so, did they go through OK? I am not so much fussed about saving money so much as saving time. It took me ages this morning at the PO to individually weigh each parcel and then outline what extra covergae etc i needed as opposed to previously just having each parcel lodging.

Any thoughts appreciated.....constructive that is. Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler
Spoiler

Message 1 of 53
Latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Postage Prices

No idea. I read somewhere that they are waiting on an AP software upgrade.

eBay parcels still go through at the old price. Buy some scales, then you will know what your parcels weigh.

This information IS actually in the existing threads about this.

Message 2 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

Hi Dave,

It is very starnge how long it seems to be taking to update the changes.

Thanks for your input. I know the weights of the parcels I was referring to the AP staff needing to weigh them to lodge them all individually as opposed to just scanning the pre-paid labels that I would normally use though the eBay postage system.7 parcles yesterday each with different extras on them.....wish eBay would sort this out ASAP

Message 3 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

5 sub 500g parcels sent since the change using the old ($8.30) eBay parcel post price.

2 have been received by buyers without issue.

3 handed over at local post office without any eyebrows raised.

I'll keep the using the $8.30 eBay postage label for parcel post for as long as its available.

Message 4 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

Be careful what you wish for as a price increase is what will happen when they change it. I use a discounted rate through Australia Post and still use the ebay $8.30 parcel rate as it is cheaper. 

Message 5 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

I am having the same issue, and have to pay over the counter at the Post Office. What I have been doing is clicking on "print label" to see the postage cost, and then selecting "tell us what you think" which is down the bottom if my memory is correct, and send a message via this to Ebay. (only allowed one message a day)  I do this every time I sell something, and I would encourage others to do the same.  The more complaints they get, might make them hurry up to do something.  Just make sure not to click on "create label" as you will be charged if you do.

I am not finding the old prices. I am finding that within my state is cheaper, but other states are much more. but less than the prices were prior to the change. I am getting this on 1kG parcels, so I can't speak about the 500 gram ones, as I haven't had any as yet.

I also want to go back to printing labels, as it was easy to get family members to drop them in at the Post Office, but I don't know how to interpret the following which is from the Australia Post website, or whether it is blackmail to use their packaging or not be able to print labels. I use my own packaging and will not buy their flimsy overpriced boxes, when I can get cheaper and better ones. What do others think about the following......2 reduced.jpg

Message 6 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

Just as an added note..All of my listings are "calculated" postage, and these are all spot on with the new flat rates. So in every case the buyer has been charged the new rate. $12.20 for a 1 KG parcel to anywhere in Australia. That is what I am paying at the Post Office, but one of these came up as $13.95 and the other as $15.50 or there abouts, when I tried to print labels.

Message 7 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

When you use your own packaging it will be charged as 500 gram $8.95, 1kg $12.20 1-3kg $15.35 and 5kg $18.50.  So just weight your parcel then work out the cubed weight (for items over 1kg) and whichever is greater is what they use. So if it weights 1.5kg and cubes at 2.8kg it will be charged as 1-3kg $15.35. If it cubed at 3.5kg then it will go up to the next rate. 

Message 8 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

You are not telling me anything I don't already know, and these are the prices charged to the buyer and what I pay at the Post Office. My problem is that I am unable to print my own labels (as previously) Unless I pay way above these prices. The label printing via eBay is not generating the correct postage and there is no way for me to change it. I posted one over the counter this morning ..1Kg postage to buyer was $12.20, Cost at the Post Office was $12.20. Tried printing a label via eBay...cost was $13.95.

I guess I will have to keep paying over the counter.  Yesterday I had one that would have cost me $15.50 if I printed the label, but the calculated postage to the buyer was $12.20 and I paid $12.20 over the counter at the Post Office.

Message 9 of 53
Latest reply

Postage Prices

What happens if you try printing the label through the Aust Post site?

Message 10 of 53
Latest reply