Postage for large item

tasman71
Community Member

Hi

How would I post a cricket bag and cricket gear interstate? It's approximately 100x3040cm and would weigh around 12kg.  What are the requirements for posting something like that? Does it need to be packaged and any advice on how to best package it? Also, approximate postage costs

Thanks 🙂

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Postage for large item

Perhaps the measurement is in mm's ? But still that is over 3 metres and Australia Post' max size I think is 1.5 mtres (1500mm).

So it would need to go with a private courier company. The last time I sent something that size from VIC to WA, it cost $80 with a private company

image host
Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

tasman71
Community Member

Sorry, I was too quick to post my question and didn't see my typo!

The measurements are  

Length 100cm

Height 30cm

Width 40cm

Weight - approx 12kg

Thanks for your reply 🙂

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Package it up so that you can get accurate measurements and weight and then have a look on the Australia Post website.

If it is too large/heavy for AP have a look at the Temando website.  It is a courier broker site and you will get several quotes from several different companies.

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

I just put those dimensions and weight into postage calculator.

It will be cubed up to 30Kg so it going to cost alot to post interstate

-- A
Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I think 20kg is the maximum for Australia Post so you will need a courier.

Try the Temando site.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

It should be okay with AP, given their maximum dimensions are 104cm long, and girth of 140, but it's right on the edge.

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

Wrap it well in large sheets of black plastic and tape it down well then take to your post office and let them decide on accepting it but hand it over at the counter confidently as if you expect them to process it.

I have been receiving bags of fleece wrapped this way for many years and also spinning or weaving equipment that is really borderline re Aus Post measurements..

You buy the really good quality garbage bags from the supermarket and then cut one open so that you can wrap it around the parcel. And repeat until you are certain the parcel is waterproof and won't rip open easily.

(I presume the stuff inside the bag won't be fragile.)

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Postage for large item

Another site to try is jedcart or e-go... both have good rates.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply