Postage labels cannot print if buyer doesnt use checkout properley, ebay wont fix

well I am once again underwhelmed by ebay customer service, trying to print a postage label for an item that was paid via bank deposit and I manually marked it as paid.  Keep getting an error saying item not paid for cannot print label.  Customer service advises me that unless the buyer goes through check out and selects bank deposit you will not be able to print label, and that what I have to do is unmark it as paid , send the buyer an invoice again and then "coach" them through check out procedure( its a newbie who didn't know how to do it in the first place), mmmmm.  When I suggested to the operator that perhaps this is a glitch in the system that ought to be rectified I was told in no uncertain terms that it certainly was no glitch and it would not be looked at ( Ok ok just making a suggestion).  Then I pointed out that surely the customer experience that ebay bangs on about and enforces rigidly with sellers is in no way furthered by me having to contact the buyer to say that ebays system cant do a certain thing unless they redo something blah blah and that at the end of the day I was probably going to have to wear the possible negative reaction from the buyer for something that is not right with ebay system???  Pretty much told yep that's the way it is.  In conclusion I have decided to use a more expensive postage option to avoid disappointing my customer in any way, wonder if I will earn any brownie points from ebay for doing the right thing by the buyer????  Feeling very unsupported as a seller!!!

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Postage labels cannot print if buyer doesnt use checkout properley, ebay wont fix

I agree the setup does not assist sellers to deliver the best buyer satisfaction.

My workaround to access an eBay label when this happens is to:

- print another label from an older sale that has already tracked as delivered and I have received feedback from

- edit the name and address on the label that is generated to reflect the details of the new sale

- PDF and save a copy of the label generated for proof of post and tracking for the new sale (do this for all sales now anyway)

- add tracking numer to actual new sale

- edit 2nd tracking number that now shows on old sale to read same as original

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Wow thecatspjs  awesome thought, you were much more helpful that ebay in half the time 🙂  

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Or use C&S.

The prices are much the same except if you need to use a flat-rate Bx4 box which is no longer available on C&S.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

@clearancebazaar1 wrote:

Wow thecatspjs  awesome thought, you were much more helpful that ebay in half the time 🙂  

Thank you Cat Happy

Spoiler
Acknowledging that the context is that the bar is set so very low for eBay CS its not very hard to more helpful Cat LOL
Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Cats, does the original buyer receive another auto Posted email from eBay if you use their purchase to create another label?

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

@bigbrickshop wrote:

Cats, does the original buyer receive another auto Posted email from eBay if you use their purchase to create another label?

Not sure, but probably, which is why I always select a transaction where the buyer has left feedback already Cat Happy

Given the spam level that eBay send out to buyers I honestly think that many ignore anyway.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

You could always have a sold "Test" item ready to use for when buyers don't complete checkout.

I think the reason the labels can't be accessed until checkout is complete would be to ensure the seller has a shipping address for the purchase.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

That sounds like a better idea.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Just wondering bigrickshop how do you set up a sold "Test" item. Is it along the same lines as thecatspjs excellent workaround as this has happened to me a couple of times - buyer not using checkout properly.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply