Postage not combining automatically anymore

We have a "Apply my flat postage rule" ticked on all items and a flat rate rule set up correctly but unfortunately about 2-3 weeks ago this has stopped working and the postage is not combining automatically. Unless the buyer knows that they can request total from seller they just go ahead and purchase items separately and then request to be refunded post factum. Most buyers are not very experienced and don't know that they can request a combined invoice. To them, paying for the items and then asking for a refund is a logical thing to do (they, after all, are not aware of fees on postage etc).

This is very frustrating as the fvf on postage is not refunded automatically so we end up either .49 cents out of pocket on every refund or we are forced to contact ebay for every refund (which as you know is more than frustrating). 

I called ebay customer support today and they informed me that there seems to be a system problem with this feature and they have noted down our user id. Apparently, the technical team will be looking at it.

I encourage others who are experiencing the same problem to ring and notify ebay, get your username added to the list (they told me there is a list). I presume that the longer this list is the faster they will fix the issue.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

seems to be working for me.  Had a few combine OK yesterday.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

The "combine" bit works fine for me on multiples of the same item in a single listing (ie: blue gloves in various sizes). But, if the buyer purchases blue gloves from one listing, then purchases red gloves from a different listing, the postage doesn't combine across the listings. 

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@performance_parts_clearance_centre wrote:

The "combine" bit works fine for me on multiples of the same item in a single listing (ie: blue gloves in various sizes). But, if the buyer purchases blue gloves from one listing, then purchases red gloves from a different listing, the postage doesn't combine across the listings. 

That is what is happening for me as a buyer.

Multiple purchases from the same listing will combine automatically but multiple purchases from different listings will not combine.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@performance_parts_clearance_centre wrote:

That's exactly right. It works for multiples on the same item but does not combine the invoice across listings as it used to. Even though "apply combined postage rule" option is ticked on all items and the actual rule is set up correctly. 

Hopefully they can fix it soon but it would be great if sellers could start reporting this to ebay support.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@jfmgray wrote:

seems to be working for me.  Had a few combine OK yesterday.

Does it combine across items for you? 

Could be the difference in the details of the flat rate postage rule...

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply