Postage of items cost - cant seem to find what I want

Ok I have had a look around and I cant find anything so - to the brains trust! 

I sell a lot of small items that come in under 20cm. I can post lets say - 5 items in an C4 envelope for $2.00. 6 or more goes small parcel.

Is there some where I can set an amount of items before the price goes up to the parcel rate ?  Or is that wishing for something too useful.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Postage of items cost - cant seem to find what I want

I take it you mean 20mm.  

Best thing is to find some stiff cardboard and cut out a rectangle 19mm x 359mm and be as accurate as possible. If it goes through the slot it is $2 for 125grams, $3 for 250 grams $5 for 500 grams.

I gather this is the information you are after. The measurements are 20mm x 360mm but if you cut too big it will not fit theirs so best to go smaller and be safe.

You can use any envelope or 2 layers of cardboard. Stronger the better but extra weight. 

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I think stickers means how to set it up in the listings.

You could perhaps have 2 postage services showing.

One with letter rate and each additional item as zero to max 5 items.

And the next as parcel rate for x amount of items.

But this requires the buyer to read the listing and select the correct postage option in checkout.

image host
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

But this requires the buyer to read the listing and select the correct postage option in checkout.

Ah I knew there would be a catch ! Smiley Happy

Yep I did mean 20mm and I have a gauge already. 

Most folks only buy 1 or 2 of the same item but I am getting more people buying bulk lots. Is it possible to set a limit of items on letter rate so it happens automatically?  Just trying to limit the amount of time I spend sending emails to folks trying to explain it to them. 

Thanks for the feedback. Guess I better go do some research !  

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

It can't really be done unfortunately. You could do a separate listing for bulk quantities, eg lots of 5 or so as one item, but people will only buy it if the overall unit price is cheaper.

The best option I've found is to increase the price a bit and make the postage flat rate, so that you have the extra you need to pay for parcel rates when multiples are purchased.
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Have a read of this thread. It might give you some ideas. I'm considering using it instead of refunding extra postage that I've already paid fees on. I need to make sure it'll work before I do it though, and I may have to change to GTC for it to be effective all the time.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Client-discounts/m-p/2162929#M171569
Message 6 of 6
Latest reply