Postage policy overrides?

go-tazz
Community Member

What the hell is this?

I have a postage policy for eBay postage at $14

But when I go to edit it has This policy is being used by listings with postage cost overrides. Edits to flat postage services and costs in this policy may affect these listings. Learn more

Postage over ride..PNG

It's changed the postage cost in the listing to $12,but the policy clearly states $14(so it's changed it to the

same as the last listing that had eBay postage).

So where does it come from,(eg: how does it change the postage cost).

It also explains why I was charged for an item with signature,(I haven't used signature required for over 5

years as items with tracking don't need it).

I've used a different policy to correct it,(would just like to know how they do it and how to avoid it).

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It's Friday?

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

It's Friday?

Could be one explanation, tease.gif

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I've got this same error on one of my postage policies. I've never known how to fix it so I've just got duplicate policies that achieve the same thing. Mine have been like this for a year or so now
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Is it possible you have changed the price in a policy at some stage and forgot to rename it ?

Just re-read your post, I think it can happen if you use and change a policy that is current for many others.

image host
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

That policy has always been in place for the the B2 box,(I've re-named the current one to B2 so that I'll

have it to compare to if it happens again).

I've also renamed the others to reflect what they are for,eg: B1,B4,etc.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply