Postage to France NOT RECOMMENDED

I sent a package Express Courier to France on 4th April. It arrived in France on the 8th and now no one knows where it is. It could be with customs but the security issues in that country are delaying mail well beyond reasonable expectations and that makes Express Courier or its current replacement a complete waste of money.

I am hearing that many other sellers are finding that there are long delays in sending packages to France. I think it is too risky at the moment to send anythnig there because if a buyer files a case for late delivery the seller will probably lose.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

It seems with the latest price increases on international mail by Aust Post that postage to any overseas destination is not to be recommended.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

thats interesting I sent express post to france too on that date.  but I have heard nothing since from the buyer, have not investigated whether its arrived or not.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

i'm really suprised with these new charges as of yesterday theres been nothing on the news or radio that ive heard. this must be effecting a huge group of people not just ebay sellers.

particularly as they just came out of the blue with very little warning.

the APs facebook page had some unhappy customers yesterday but seems back to normal today.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i'm really suprised with these new charges as of yesterday theres been nothing on the news or radio that ive heard. this must be effecting a huge group of people not just ebay sellers.

particularly as they just came out of the blue with very little warning.

the APs facebook page had some unhappy customers yesterday but seems back to normal today.

I had a quick peek at the E*sy forums yesterday (lots of Aussie sellers there who post items via international letter), but didn't spot one thread mentioning the new international service / prices etc. (It was only a quick peek, and I haven't had a chance to visit there today). Makes me think a lot of POs are just processing international letters the same as always. 

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

whens theres domestic postage increases, usually they give they give you a few days leeway or up to a week in the red post box

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply