Posting to Brazil & South America. Not anymore.

Hi have just received yet another paypal dispute from a buyer in Brazil. It is almost inevitable when posting to this location. At least half of my parcels there apparently go, "missing" and I foot the bill. I have now blocked all sales to South America (as well as anywhere else that has caused me problems) Paypal demands proof of podtage/delivery to resolve in the sellers favour. Australia post however will not supply this for small parcels to locations like South America. The paypal representative I spoke to just repeatedly talked in circles sayin you need to post by a method that supplies what we want. Even though no such method exists. he then went on to say they are hog tied. I think it is us the sellers who are hog tied!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Posting to Brazil & South America. Not anymore.

I know, it is a pain and because of that I stopped selling overseas 3 years ago. It is hard enough dealing with the very VERY small percentage of difficult Australian transactions, but the overseas ones just weren't worth the stress.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

One by one I have reduced the number of countries I will ship to; these days it's basically USA, UK and New Zealand.  I think the day I no longer ship overseas is not far away:-)

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

I had to stop selling to Italy and Greece, as their postal systems are just too corrupt -- and I was told this by some of my buyers from those countries. A shame, as it was not bad buyers in those countries, just theiving postal workers.

I've never had much (if any trouble) with the UK or Japan; relatively little trouble with the USA, by far my biggest 'market'. Well, it was back in the days when things used to sell. 😄

International postage (and insurance) is now so insanely high I generally no longer post overseas.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply