PowerSeller, above standard, 98.9% positive feedback = Selling Limits?

?I'm confused.....my "gradings" are not perfect. Ie, stars, feedback % etc. A few of my mishaps I 100% own, but there are others that are just unfair or out of my control (ie buyer request for cancelation = defect). I can't understanding why without any notice (ie. Message ftom Ebay) I have selling limits???

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Speaking of defects, after listing all of two new items today (and therefore this month), my 3 free relists have vanished once again.
Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

If you find the Auto relist box is not available, try revising your listing, make an edit and/or edit it back again ..... do this a couple of times and you might find that auto-relist box comes available again.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

Yeah, it's a common occurrence, maybe by the time we're 90 eBay might even bother looking into it!
Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Add to that my drafts being completely gone, another common bug I come across. They either appear or they don't when eBay is in one of its "moods" - in fact one of my listings was made from scratch due to the drafts, including the links to the drafts, disappearing from the Selling/Sold page, only for the original draft to appear hours later - guess what, they're gone again!

I refuse to blame Firefox or the fact that my cache has been cleared a dozen times while attempting to get those free relists back! I think the fact they sometimes reappear upon reloading the page, clearing the cache or even restarting the browser itself is merely a coincidence rather than a browser issue. Also the fact that it happens on just about every browser rather than just Firefox or Chrome for example.
Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

And 20 minutes later it's back to normal, amazing.
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

@heapsa_bargains wrote:

In my seller dashboard, its "above average". As I said some of the mishaps (2 neutrals) I 100% wear.

One defect is for a buyer requesting to cancel a transaction as someone else was bidding without their knowledge? I agreed = defect.

If you sent a cancellation request with buyer changed mind as the reason you would not have got a defect. You could also have called ebay and told them the buyer's account had been hacked as referenced in the email and could they please cancel the transaction. Would have ensured there was no defect and the buyer would have had to jump through hoops to get their account back.

As for the dvds - listing was for 29 original dvds (yes they were original) and I sent as a 'bonus' copy dvds - this was clearly stated in the listing. Maybe buyer confusion?

It is illegal to own or distribute copies of DVDs, CD, etc. so not only are yu breaking the law you are ensuring the buyer does too.

Nuetral from a non payer? (whom I message twice before dispute opened) - clearly a spiteful reaction. Consider myself lucky it wasn't a negative.

I wonder how tactful you were when contacting them?

Negative feedback was overseas buyer 1st and last time. I no longer sell to overseas buyers as a result of this.

As the comment was removed this one could be unjustified but on its own would not do much damage to your DSRs or defects.

The neutral for the sheets was my bad as was the teletubbie (human error)

I don't think my stars are that bad, I feel I  am always going to get pinged for "postage" as I am in W.A.

The answer to that is add the postage cost to your item price and sell with free postage, automatic 5 stars, add to your handling time so projected delivery times are more realistic. Remember it is exactly the same for est coast stated sending to WA,

Harley - I take 0 offence to your comments. I know how I conduct myself and I expect there to be buyer disatisfaction from time to time - I've worked in retail/customer service for some 23 years. Maybe if I was selling the exact same merchandise over and again I would have more consistency in my feedback/stars etc, but I don't.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

As I said I contacted Ebay today and it was an oversight and I do not have selling limits. Alls well that ends well ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great weekend y'all

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply